Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LtRammstein, Jun 20, 2006.

1. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Okay, I've been an Apple fan since the day I learned what a "computer" in back in 2nd grade.

Sadly, for most of high school and my first year in college, I had to deal with an ANCIENT iBook G3 500 Mhz. I'm right now saving up to purchase a brand new Mac.

I've did some price matrices and computer matrices and I've figured out that either a Mac Mini or iMac would work.

I still plan on keeping my old iBook. I'll just cut the amount of applications on it and probably use it for notes or anything else I can think of.

I am wondering, should I wait 'til after the WWDC to purchase a new computer? If no, what set up would you recommend?

Steve

PS: I'm at work right now on an UGLY PC (*shudders*)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Mini might be getting an update soon. The iMac will more then likely be updated at WWDC.

3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

If you've waited this long, and you don't need it for work, there's no reason not to wait an extra few weeks...
    Trust me, patience has bitten me in the butt more than once with computers...

4. LtRammstein thread starter macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Well, since I am studying Computer Engineering (concurrent in Electrical), it would be nice to have a new computer before school starts at the end of August.

Any computer setup suggestions are welcomed!

Steve