should I wait?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by savanahrose, Aug 12, 2006.

1. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I am in the process of saving up for a mac, hope to get it in December. Should I just wait for the os x leopard when it comes out in the spring?

I still am real new at this mac stuff. I have been on here several times reading and asking questions before I get one. I just like to be prepared for anything.

2. zane macrumors 6502

Macworld is in january so buying any mac in december is a bad idea.

3. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

What is macworld? Thanks for the heads up!

4. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

www.google.com

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Macworld is a consumer show where Apple show off new products and make annoucements. Check it out.

6. reh macrumors 6502a

MacWorld is an event where apple oftentimes releases new stuff. There's one in January.

7. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I bought a G4 Mini about 5 months before Tiger was released (I think it was that long, I've had so many Macs in the past few years I've lost count!) - anyway, long story short, I rang Apple and said I would have waited on the Mini, had I known Tiger was going to be released (at the time, I didn't check forums or take an interest in WWDC) - so they sent me a free copy.

They said if you buy within 6 months, you get the newest OS as an upgrade. But it came in full retail packaging.

Not sure whether I had a dopy cust. serv. agent or whether its for Edu people or what though :confused: