Should the "Apple Product Survivor" threads remain?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GeeYouEye, May 1, 2002.

?

Do you want the "Apple Product Survior" to continue

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Don't know about them or don't care

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Simple question for all. Here's the deal, AlpaTech, you convince whoever you can, or arn (he tells me to stop, I'll stop), to vote no, and if it's the majority, the threads will cease. If "yes" or "don't know/don't care" is the majority, they stay, and you stop complaining.

Just for some background, the threads will continue, after the classics are finished, but the round after the classics will be for the next generation of Macs.

2. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

GET OUT!

Get them the hell out of here, they are very annoying.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i won't be as abrupt as jeremy, but it would seem they're quite annoying to many people. I've just come to ignore them, because to me they seemed like a rip-off of a similar idea, but since there's controvercy, i'll be the first to chime in :D Basically, they annoy me, so they should go. Simple as that. The world would be better if everyone stopped and asked themselves, "Does this annoy paul?" Trust me on this one.

pnw

4. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

I won't say the same thing as Timaclover but feel like expressing my negative attitude towards these threads.

5. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I don't really care one way or the other. What does it matter if you don't like them, don't go to the thread and post, ignore it. People still come in and manage to submit to the poll. Although I do think its getting a little old. If you had started with less selections and resolved it sooner, it might have held up longer.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I think they get to be a little too much....especially when there's 5 active at one time...

and on the other hand...I can ignore them...

but I do like seeing Alpha open the cans up...he he he ;) :p

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i vote to keep them, because these threads make me think carefully about choosing a computer based on needs and that is a skill which i didn't always use in the past;)

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Too many complaints...

Let's stop 'em.... ok?

thanks
    arn

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well there u have it! :eek:

11. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

But then we should do it on newly released hardware, because I don't want to be reminded too much of past errors:D

12. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Ha!

I must have been out of it for a while! I hadn't even looked at those threads. Now that I just did, I'll make this comment...

I, too, think the posts are pretty stupid. But instead of raising holy heck over it, I simply disregarded them after glancing at the first. I really don't think they are important enough to get our collective panties in a bunch.

Also, isn't the practice of closing threads based solely on annoyance a pretty bad practice to get into. I mean, some people like them and obviously not everyone considers them noise.

And lets face it: we are still blessed here at MacRumors as far as the amount of junk posts and threads. This forum is light years beyond others in having consistantly engaging topics.

Maybe we are just getting spoiled by it. Lets all learn how to ignore again!

Taft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.