Should the homeless be allowed to vote?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Oct 26, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Apparently not.

My brother has a fake "Hannity.com" website, he gets plenty of letters from Hannity fans who are to dumb to realise they are not on the official website.

Here's a nice comment from one.

Shocking behavior, those dirty liberals

:)

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Should they be ALLOWED to vote? That's a false question, because they ARE allowed to vote. You don't need a home to vote, you need to be a citizen. The questions is, "Should they NOT be allowed to vote?"
    The answer to that question, in case anyone is confused, is YES.

Lee Tom

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hannity would prefer only those making over $200,000 or more to be able to vote. How can anyone stand the muck he spews???He must change clothes often.
    Everyone who is a American citizen should be allowed to vote in my view.

4. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

5. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

I think the French should get a vote too (maybe not counting as one but maybe a half) :p

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

You don't need to be a land owner to vote. You merely have to be a registered voter. :)

7. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

The nerve of those non-white, non-land-owning, non-males!

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Now we know the type of people who support Bush. After all, Jesus never cared about the poor and the weak... oh, wait.

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I don't really see myself as much of a Liberal, but the idea that the lack of an address should preclude one from voting is anathema...

I'd rather see an "informed voter" test as a requirement: Make it simple, with maybe two questions. "Which of the following names are NOT candidates for national office?" and "Which of the following issues have NOT received media coverage during the campaign?" :D

'Rat

10. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Then according to recent research, 70% of Bush supporters could not vote. Say what you want about Kerry supporters, but a lot of them aren't fooling themselves into thinking he's some great guy who will save us all. At least most of the people voting against GW... I mean, for Kerry... see what's really going on.

If you know that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and that there are no WMDs in Iraq, what possible reason could you have for voting for Bush? Economy, education, enviroment? Because he's such a moral person?

Seriously, why?