Should this count...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by psychofreak, Dec 9, 2006.

?

Should the Beatles and John Lennon's careers be separated in a Top 10 List?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2006.
  1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I am currently in the process of naming my all time favourite 10 artists (although I'm only 15) and am having a tough time sorting something out.

I cannot decide if I should include the Beatles members' solo careers under Beatles, or have two spaces reserved in my top 10 for The Beatles and John Lennon separately. I have decided to let the macrumors members decide in a one off 24 hour polling extravaganza.

After 24 hours I will use whatever you guys think as a basis for my Top 10 List. Vote now!

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Surely separate...I'm not blaming the Beattles for Ringo's acting job in "Caveman". They are separate, just as Paul with Wings would be.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

They should be separate, in my opinion – in the same way that I'd list Paul Weller and The Jam separately, or The Housemartins and The Beautiful South.

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Obviously separate. When I listen to George Harrison's Cloud Nine or Got My Mind Set On You, I don't think I'm listening to a Beatles song with George doing vocals.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Thats like saying Paul McCarthy and Wings is not the same as the Beatles, Even tho without the Beatles he would not have the fame.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It's too messy to separate, especially the way so much of the later "group" stuff was really solo material under a group name.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Your list your rules. Basically, do you want the list to show that you really like the Beatles and some of their members, or that you like a broader range of music?

8. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I voted separate, but these are good points. Which part of the Beatles career do you like the most? If you like particularly like the later Beatles and John Lennon, I'd say list it as "Beatles and John Lennon". Of course if you like George's, Ringo's and Paul's later stuff too, put "Beatles/Members' solo careers".

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

A simple way to solve this would be to whittle down your list to "artists" as people rather than bands.