SHOULD you charge ipod touch using ipad charger?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Androidfan1x, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

apple says on its website that you CAN use ipad charger (10W [or 12W - the newest one]) to charge iphone / ipod touch (5W), and that's true, you CAN, but SHOULD you?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...me-power-adapter-for-iphone-and-ipad-10283982

FYI i tend to use a device until it breaks, i usually don't replace a good-working device because there's a new model, so i expect to see my device work ok for years :D

2. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

3. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    The article discusses charging the iPad and iPhone - not the iPad and iPod.

If Apple says it's fine, then it's fine. I use my iPad's brick to charge my iPod and don't anticipate any problems.

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors 6502a

I agree with macman. I've been using my iPad charger on my Touch for a year.

6. macrumors 604

wordoflife

No such thing as you should or shouldn't use one, but you certainly can if you want it to charge faster.

7. macrumors newbie

I wouldn't use the iPad charger to charge my ipod. Cause the power output is bigger. Normally is 5W but for iPad is 10W. This may cause damages to the battery in the long run.

Not so sure about this but i wouldn't take a risk :)
    I have tried charging my itouch with ipad charger before, but the charging didn't start. So yeah I chose not to. :)

8. macrumors newbie

iPad Charger works just fine

I have been using it to charge my nano for the last year and it works fine. Nothing indicates that there is a problem.

9. macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

You could use a 1000000 watt adapter, but the iPod will only pull its max amount (5 watts I think) anyone who says using more watts is beneficial for the ipod/iphone has no idea what they're talking about.

10. macrumors member

akfgpuppet

11. macrumors member

12. macrumors member

13. macrumors 6502a

Universal question.

Some prefers to use Iphone charger for ipod and some dont mind as long as it charged. Tell you what, get another adaptor for $19 (the one that sold seperately without cable) and have a great night sleep without worry.