Should you upgrade to Apple - here are the Numbers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Demoman, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Demoman macrumors regular

7 - The number of weeks this thread is dealing with
    3 - The number of companies involved; mine, Dell and Microsoft
    16 -The number of computers, monitors and printers that arrived at our CEO’s sister's house in LaJolla, instead of our Pacific Divisions office in Honolulu (six years ago we once drop-shipped a Dell to his sister for Christmas).
    16 -The number of computers, monitors and printers that arrived at MY house in Seattle, instead of our Pacific Divisions office in Honolulu (1 year ago I had (2) 24” monitors sent there). This was the ‘fix’ to the previous screw-up.
    14 - The number of monitors I needed, ordered and received in Hawaii on my ‘drop dead’ date.
    14 - The number of computers I needed and ordered for Hawaii on my ‘drop dead’ date.
    2 - The number of computers I received in Hawaii on my ‘drop dead’ date.
    35 - The number of minutes I spent on the phone trying to order a monitor from Dell after by ‘Business Unit’ went home for the night.
    0 - The number of monitors I was able to order after hours. The “Small-Medium” business unit in the evenings cannot accept orders for the “other unit”, so I must pay by credit card.
    3 - The number of other shipments that have arrived at MY HOUSE, even though I carefully confirm each shipping address.
    2 - The number of software installs that have been performed on the last 2 laptops I purchased. One was Google Desktop and the other was Embassy Security Suites (or something close).
    8 - The number of hours I spent trying to figure out why I could not install one of our standard company applications.
    250/200 - My blood pressure when I finally discovered that the problem was “Embassy Security Suites”. It seems this is a beta version and prevents the 16 bit virtual machine capability program from launching.
    2 - The number of times Dell has over-billed me for an item.
    7 - The number of Dell’s 'less than 2 years olds' that have required major repair
    2,239,780,345,678 - The number of viruses, Trojans and other malware I have cleaned off our company’s computers, my friend’s computers, my family’s computers.
    0 - The number of viruses, Trojans and other malware I have cleaned off our company’s computers, my friend’s computers, my family’s computers, SINCE they upgraded to Apple.
    ? - The number of MS/Dell websites you would have to visit to realize the criticisms on this site (real or imagined) is a pittance of what is going on with Brand X. Since I do not know any of you, I cannot answer the Number question. However, for all of you who do not work for those companies, the majority of you will be able to see ‘the truth is out there’!

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

3. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Nice

Great post......actually a pretty fun little read