shout out to LAKERS fans!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Manzana, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Phil Jackson is coming back and I have no idea what is going to happen next year but I'm ready to see Kobe with ball in hand already!

also, during an interview today Jim Buss said they are working on "something big"

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005

considering that Jackson named his kidney stone "kobe" because "it wouldnt pass" I think there are some team dynamics that need to be worked on.

The one thing that was missing from the playoffs was Kobe.. hopefully next season..

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    What? Coach spoiled children again? Is Jackson crazy!?!? Oh wait, $7 to $10 million per year. Maybe he's not so crazy. He'll probably earn more in the long run from having sat out a season than if he'd renewed his contract a year ago.

I'm a Laker fan, but not so much a Kobe fan. I don't think the Lakers have been a team the last few years. Even during the Showtime Lakers years with Magic and Kareem, I thought the team members played together for the good of the team, not as an ego-based all-star team. I wish we could have that back, whether we win championships or not.
  4. Manzana thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2004
    Orange County, CA

That is my hope for this year, that they at least play like a team. The only guys left from the "selfish years" are kobe and devean george. Kobe will still have the ego of a supernova, but without Shaq to poison the rest of the team maybe they'll get to playing good b-ball instead of playing out petty arguments in the media.

After all Jordan also had huge ego but his bull teams had great chemistry and teamwork.
  5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    jordan was also better than kobe. :)

to me kobe is a total fake. whereas at least shaq says what he thinks. and he's amusing, as opposed to trying to feign some sort of ultra maturity.
  6. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    Phil definately has a gift. The Lakers will be much better next season.

Kobe is one of the few players that I enjoy watching lose. Same way with Terrell Owens in the NFL. I cant stand either guy and I get such delight from watching them slink off the court/field after a loss. Sounds mean, I know. But what can I say?
  7. afsammie macrumors newbie

May 25, 2005
    Something Big?

I'm a Lakers fan. I don't consider myself a fairweather fan, but they made me sick this year. I guess I'm not a typhoon season fan, either.
    Either way, basketball in general was definitely missing the Lakers this year, love them or hate them. I read somewhere recently that the Lakers, historically speaking, are the most hated team in all (american) sports, even beating out the Yankees.