Shoutcast DJ software for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FragTek, Jun 8, 2006.

1. FragTek macrumors 6502

Hey all, I'm in DESPERATE need for a professional DJ'ing studio for the Mac that will let me upload to my Shoutcast server. Previously I have been using SAM Broadcaster on PC to do my live shows but since the switch to Mac I haven't been able to find a single thing. I know that there must be SOMETHING out there that will let me do this.

If anyone can lend a hand in this matter that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the replies fellas!

-Frag

2. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

Well after a bit more searching I found a lil program called Nicecast... Not exactly professional DJ quality but it's better than nothing.

Anyhow, does anyone know if there's a way to capture the mic without having to kill the broadcast and switch sources. If not, this proggy is getting deleted ASAP :p

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    hmmm, i don't think you can....cuz it streams from iTunes right?

i wonder if you could stream from garageband or something, and use a mic that way....

not the best solution, and i don't even know if that's an option in nicecast....can it stream from G band?

4. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah I could have it stream from gb but that's not much of a media player... i found a way to get the line in to work while the music is playing without switching sources in Nicecast which is great. I just wish they had SAM for Mac :( :( :(

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

do tell......?

6. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

Just add the VoiceOver effect in the Effects window.

7. pgk2 macrumors newbie

8. lifeform macrumors member

Hi,

Is it possible to configure LIVE request via any software on the Mac ?

I am thinking i.e. if a listener wants to hear a certain song, I get an indication or it auto queue up in a certain "live requests" list in the software...

Also; i would love to know if there´s any tool to Mac OSX that let´s you track how many listener you have on Shoutcast... ? Anyone know..

9. PoetDemise macrumors newbie

anyone out there find anything great. I have switched from running a windows in a dual boot to a shiny new macbook pro. I love it but.... I dont want to boot up my old laptop to stream.

10. Charmaine macrumors newbie

I use, Nicecast, and Megaseg 2 Pro, and both to me are awesome and very good quality. I think it cost me total, $200-$250, which is less then what you would pay for SAMs or Virtual DJ, and as far as I am aware in order to stream music, and you will need Nicecast as I believe it is the only software available to stream online music.

11. earwaves macrumors newbie

Looking to know if MegaSeg can be used with Shoutcast streaming servers? Any help here?

12. earwaves macrumors newbie

HI:
    Looking to know if Mac and MegaSeg can use Shoutcast streams? and a Server that will do it?