Show application window with 1 click

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wesleyh, Mar 25, 2007.

1. wesleyh macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2007
    Is it possible for all applications to show their window with just 1 click? Some applications show the menu and nothing else, and require a second click. This is the stupidest thing about macs.

For example this happens with activity monitor, after you start it you see just the menu, then you have to click in the dock again to see the screen. Is there a setting for this (globally) or a haxie?
  2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    Activity monitor shows straight away for me... just make sure you're Apple-Qing it when you're finished so it loads up from scratch next time. If you close an applications window, but not the application itself, then you'll usually have to take further steps to create a new window - in a lot of apps Apple-N will do it.
  3. wesleyh thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2007
    The application is closed completely before I loaded it. I also sometimes have this with itunes (but then this application is loaded already) - 1 click shows menu, another click and I see the screen.

I just tried activity monitor a few more times (making sure it's completely closed first) and there was 1 time where it showed the window immediately, the other times it didn't. Made sure not to click on anything so that it remained in focus.
  4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Same here.
  5. Angrist macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2005
    MI or NJ
    How exactly are you closing the Activity Monitor?
    If you're just clicking the little red dealy in the corner, you are NOT closing the application. In order to completely close the application you need to hit cmd-Q, or select the "quit" option from the file menu.
  6. wesleyh thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2007
    I'm closing it in the dock, right click quit. It's gone, for sure.