Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biffarino

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
I have recently purchased an iPad 2 and have come to the conclusion that I want a sleeve case rather than a folio case like on my old iPad.

So, sleeve uses, show me what you've got :)

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
I have recently purchased an iPad 2 and have come to the conclusion that I want a sleeve case rather than a folio case like on my old iPad.

Can't go wrong with WaterField Designs

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

I have the Smart Case and Wallet. Both are great.

I use the small loop on the bottom of the SmartCase to hold my stylus.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
I've decided I like using the iPad without a case. It feels great in the hands and so light weight. So while I'm not using it, I stick it in XtremeMac's Thin Sleeve. It lives up to its name, with a magnetic flap to cover the opening and a pull tab. http://www.xtrememac.com/Products/Leather-Slip-Sleeve/Thin-Sleeve-for-iPad--iPad-2/

I got it on sale at Radio Shack for $30. If at some point you want to add a SmartCover or shell, it'll still fit as its designed for both the iPad 1 and 2. It's faux leather wrapping some stiff cardboard with a microfiber interior, and it's really understated which makes it appealing to me. It won't save your iPad if you run over it with a truck but it will protect it from scratches, dents, and the occasional low-height fall.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Waterfield sleeve:

8c650723.jpg

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I've got many, here is the most recent one I currently use though :)
It's a BeyzaCases leather sleeve.

jXV68U

Firen

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Vienna, Austria
I'm using Freiwild Sleeve 9 and I love it. It's made of sheep felt in Germany. The iPad sits really tightly, doesn't fit very well with a smart cover on it though.

sleeve_9_ip2_grey.jpg

Lagmonster

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Could not be happier with the Waterfield smart sleeve. Made in USA. My Waterfield bag has lasted longer than all other bags combined. Amazing quality.

wacomme

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
I have the STM Jacket for the iPad 2. It is very nice and has a small pocket to carry the charger. $24 too!
81ApXqKEYXL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
I ended up grabbing this in the Target clearance rack. A little more useful and protective than a standard neoprene sleeve.

black01.jpg

wehokev

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
TUCANO ELEMENTS SECOND SKIN Special Edition

Is anyone using a TUCANO sleeve? I have a similar one for my MBA and am thinking about buying that one for my iPad2.

My question is that I want to use a smartcover, is the TUCANO sleeve big enough to accommodate the iPad2 with a smartcover?

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Currently I am using Targus Hughes leather case for iPad. The price is 19.99 dollars, but it used to be 59.99 dollars. Very nice quality and it is well worth 19.99 dollars.

I am planning on switching to SF bags though...

SF bags are top notch.

linwx

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2011
Recently got this from my local store.
the padding inside is very padded!! thumbs up!

Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Jumble-embossed-black-neoprene-iPad-case-4.jpg

Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Jumble-embossed-black-neoprene-iPad-case-6.jpg

prisoner6

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
I have the Waterfield Ultimate Sleeve Case because I wanted the flap over the top. I am really tempted by the Smart Case though.

For those with the Smart Case, how well does it hold it in? Any slipping? What about with a slim cover on the back of the iPad?

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
I have the Waterfield Ultimate Sleeve Case because I wanted the flap over the top. I am really tempted by the Smart Case though.

For those with the Smart Case, how well does it hold it in? Any slipping? What about with a slim cover on the back of the iPad?

I have the WaterField Smart Case - the version to accommodate Apple's Smart Cover. When I turned it upside down, the iPad with Smart Cover would --slowly-- slide out. Was not a problem. Now I also have an Enki Genius Case on the back of the iPad plus the Smart Cover. It fits (a little tight at first) and does not slide out.

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
I ended up grabbing this in the Target clearance rack. A little more useful and protective than a standard neoprene sleeve.

That is what I use too. I love it. It's soft on the inside, a pocket on the back where I keep a stylus and the USB cable, and the handles can tuck into the case and you can use it just as a sleeve. Incase is always good quality in my experiences with them too.

Lagmonster

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
I have the WaterField Smart Case - the version to accommodate Apple's Smart Cover. When I turned it upside down, the iPad with Smart Cover would --slowly-- slide out. Was not a problem. Now I also have an Enki Genius Case on the back of the iPad plus the Smart Cover. It fits (a little tight at first) and does not slide out.

Strange, mine is so tight that I must use the little tab to pull the iPad out.

salanddaz

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
Christchurch, UK
Is anyone using a TUCANO sleeve? I have a similar one for my MBA and am thinking about buying that one for my iPad2.

My question is that I want to use a smartcover, is the TUCANO sleeve big enough to accommodate the iPad2 with a smartcover?

More than big enough - i am using a smart cover with a black second skin case and it fits perfect.

jannabanana

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
sleeve vs. folios

What is the difference between a sleeve case and a folio case?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
What is the difference between a sleeve case and a folio case?

A sleeve case is just that a sleeve kind of like an envelope. You use it to store and/or carry the iPad in. When you want to use it you take the iPad out.

A folio case is an all round cover kind of like a book cover. You use the iPad whilst it's still in the case and don't take it out. The top of the case acts like a lid that covers the screen whilst not in use.

In general folio type cases add more bulk and weight then sleeves but they offer more protection. Essentially it's a trade off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.