Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kanmoloko

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
New Nike + strap and new low temperature record in our city
IMG_0333.JPG

[doublepost=1484215343][/doublepost]
I have the same size wrists as you, I was planning on getting the 42mm, but would you say the 38 is a significantly better fit?
Yes, 38 looks like a normal watch and 42 - like a smartwatch. It's also lighter. But the 42 will fit your wrist too. You will get a better battery life and larger screen

duckdany

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2017
Budapest
Nike+ 42mm space grey. I am waiting for the uvoir stanless steel bracelet from China.
And my face (I wanted to use utility face but complications are color now. It was better with white complication, I think).
IMG_0158.JPG

Reactions: AfridiGerrard786

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Is the screen brightness on the series 2 enough to justify paying the extra $100? How bad is the screen on the series 1?
Boombox,
thanks for asking

The screen on the Series 1 is pretty awful in bright sun
It'll definitely show you where your money fell short when you can barely read the time

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Is the screen brightness on the series 2 enough to justify paying the extra $100? How bad is the screen on the series 1?

I have my Series 1 set to the lowest setting for brightness and I still have no issues reading the watch face outside (haven't tried under bright/direct sunlight).

Reactions: RadioGaGa1984

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
The Scandinavian retailer CDON recently had a massive January sale of many Apple Watch models (series 0) as well as big savings of many bands. Managed to pick up these 5 bands for about $200. I really like the modern buckles although the Marigood version doesn't match the color on the front.

I used to buy a lot of bands from CEX in UK, but these prices was even cheaper.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    847.8 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    804.8 KB · Views: 572

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
The Scandinavian retailer CDON recently had a massive January sale of many Apple Watch models (series 0) as well as big savings of many bands. Managed to pick up these 5 bands for about $200. I really like the modern buckles although the Marigood version doesn't match the color on the front.

I used to buy a lot of bands from CEX in UK, but these prices was even cheaper.
Wish I had the red, too expensive tho
Sucks I didn't know about the sale

And yes, the Marigold on the picture looks gold, the product looks mustard
Back when the Apple Watch first announced the Space Black watch was depicted as being much lighter than the deep black is today

Check this out

Attachments

• IMG_3582.JPG
    IMG_3582.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 214

chesleya

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
This thread is awesome. Got my SS S2 with saddle leather band in October and got the Concrete sports band at the same time (I wanted Pink Sand but it was sold out at the Apple Store). I've always worn my Watch "upside down"---my friends with Watches still think I'm a weirdo but the "normal" way always caused me to accidentally trigger Siri.

I'm a weightlifter (amateur, but I do some Olympic lifts) and had been routinely working out with my watch flipped around my wrist to protect it from getting smacked by weights. I immediately ordered an ActionSleeve from Twelve South when they released it and absolutely love it.

I'm in the market for a new leather dress band. This thread has some great recs for third-party bands, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 478
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.