Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
nothing fancy, but last day of March so posting anyway

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 182

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
But as it turns out, the Clock.app from 10.2 works just fine in later versions of Mac OS X.

Indeed. It was one of the first things I tested when I bought my MacBook -- while I had no doubts it'd run, I was initially curious to see how well some of the older applications/tools would run no matter how simple.

I've hit some bugginess with it in Intel Tiger, though. From time to time it will lock up its menu bar and will only release it after closing it and reopening it. It seems to happen when switching between Analog and Digital semi-transparent floating window types.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
I've hit some bugginess with it in Intel Tiger, though. From time to time it will lock up its menu bar and will only release it after closing it and reopening it. It seems to happen when switching between Analog and Digital semi-transparent floating window types.
The funny thing about the clock app is that even when Apple was still shipping it with older versions of Mac OS X, it would constantly record window errors in the console. I'm guessing that rather than fix those issues, Apple just decided to side step it altogether. :eek:

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Any way you could post the original? I think that looks really cool!

I've got mine set to switch between these every half hour:

*snip*

687474702s696q673132392zp7.png

Hey, any chance I could get a link for that last one?

Thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.