Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Two questions:

1. Do you shower at night, or are you a morning shower person?

I'm definitely a morning shower'er because it helps me wake up, but my ex-girlfriend made me take a shower at night. I didn't like it at first, but she said, "Why shower in the morning? You just lived an entire day and you're dirty. Do you really want to jump into your PJs and straight into bed when you're dirty? I can't sleep if I'm dirty." OK, then I showered at night sometimes.
Now, I shower in the morning because my current gf doesn't care, but I also shower at night since it works better with her schedule (we want to eat breakfast together). So I take 2 showers, although the morning shower is now 3 minutes and not a real shower.

2. How long do your showers last? I used to take showers for like 3-5 minutes, but now I take 10 minutes. It's relaxing. My brother used to take 30-40 minutes, and I used to absolutely hate it. Drove me mad. I know it's relaxing, but what a waste of water.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I'm a morning shower person for the same reasons as you and also for the day ahead. But of late I found that I have 2 showers a day, and that has helped my acne problem.

I find that my showers last around 7-10 minutes. Sometimes longer during the winter mornings however no longer than 15 minutes as I find it a waste of water.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Mornign shower plus one after the gym, sometimes 3 times if i go out at night or if i do something which makes me want to take a shower.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I have 15 minute baths, not showers. Not entirely my choice because that's the plumbing that came with the flat. Hope to change it within the next few years.

Anyway, mornings before work and sometimes in the evenings as well when I'm tired and feeling run down... the evening ones are a bit more leisurely being more about hot soaking rather than getting yourself clean.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
if i had an office type job it'd probably be a morning shower, but since i come home from work a bit sweaty and i know dirty from work its a shower at night for sure. and they aren't terribly long nor terribly short. i find them to be very relaxing especially for headaches.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
I'm having a vision of a hot voluptuous British babe soaking in the lathery suds while holding a glass of champaign. :D

I might have to get the lube out tonight. ;)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Random. Usually never in the morning, I find just leaving the window open makes me wake up right as rain (hopefully not covered in it too). Normally an hour or 2 before I go bed, once every 2 days. I just don't get dirty, greasy, smelly at all :p though how dirty do you get writing essays and developing games? :D
No baths. I can't just sit there. always got to be doing something.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
1. Night - sometimes morning, but almost always night. I like to be clean before I go to bed, and have been doing it for who knows how long.

2. My showers can go from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. Depending on what kind of mood & need of relaxation I'm currently needing. :eek:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'm having a vision of a hot voluptuous British babe soaking in the lathery suds while holding a glass of champaign. :D

I'm quite sure you've made BV's day. :rolleyes:

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest

:eek:
I'm going to take a shower right now...with lots of antibacterial soap.

In the morning, sometimes in the evening if'n I'm feeling too dirty to accost my wife, but always at least once a day.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I love showers and will take 10-15 minutes - most of it is just spent relaxing. I also get a lot of really good ideas when I'm doing that, its funny sometimes.

We're putting in a new master suite on our house and the master bath won't have a bath tub (since we have another master bath upstairs). We'll be putting in a large shower with a bench - tiles not fiber glass. And for the nozzles we're getting on of these :D

Its going to be nice....

D

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
I'm quite sure you've made BV's day. :rolleyes:

either that or seriously freaked her out...

Showers are great for Migraines. You'd think the heat would make it worse, but it doesn't. Morning showers while the migraine stuff takes effect. Evening showers PRN. I find if I only shower at night, waking up in the morning is much tougher and the hair is flat all day. And you know it's all about the hair... I really gotta buzz it all off again, but the wife likes the hair, not the stubble, but I digress-;)

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
98% of the time I'm a morning showerer. I usually can't leave the house until I've taken a shower. I'd have to have had a really dirty day to take a shower at night. My days are usually extremely clean though...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
As long as you have enough water pressure...

We have a well system and we're redoing the whole geothermal/hvac system. The requirements state a 3/4" line and it only has to go about 15' from the utility room - so it shouldn't be a problem.

Says the contractor and plumber.

We'll know soon enough.

We're also installing a new 80 gallon water heater.

I'll have to post a pic when its done - we've got a ways to go, they're still just framing the first floor of the addition now.

D

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
<snip>... And for the nozzles we're getting on of these :D

I've got fixture envy :eek:
I think I need another shower.

A friend is just finishing a small but well designed home with an ocean view. He's got no tub, but has a post-surfing shower in the garage and a double-sized stall in his bathroom - fortunately, he realized a second fixture was a must in a shower this size. What he lacks in epic-fixtures he made up for by making sure the shower has an epic ocean view.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Usually the morning. Sometimes the afternoon. Sometimes at night. Really just depends. :eek:

Almost never longer than 10 minutes. Shaving my legs takes much longer though.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Usually take one once I get home from work, to relax. Then another quick "face washing" shower in the mornings to wake up.

Of course, I'm not working right now and just started working out, so I just take one once I get back from working out and then sleep in until I'm actually ready to wake up.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Shower in the morning -- chance to preview the day, figure out where the hell I am.

Bath at night if it's been a bad day at work and I just need to turn it off.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Hmm, the master suite in my new townhouse (won't be built until May 1st) has a 5 foot shower. Will have to look into this as an extra.

That would be really cool - but as mentioned above, you need to have a 3/4" line to the house and fixture. So check with a plumber/builder to make sure.

Also, Kohler makes a similar one, but we looked at both and the Grohe was better and cheaper :D

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.