Showing wears already (new iBook)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iKwak, Jan 7, 2004.

1. iKwak macrumors member

I had this new G4 12" for almost a month and the handpad is already showing some wears. Meaning, where our palm touches when we type, it is not white (clean) as it use to be but showing some blackness. Even the touchpad is not white anymore. :(

Besides, washing my hands all the time (which I can't), any other methods to keep it clean? And can I make it back to its original color or just use it as it is?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

have you tried cleaning it with water and soap, then wiping it with a paper towl?

3. veedubdrew macrumors regular

When I had an iBook, I had wonderful results cleaning it with a white pencil eraser. Sounds weird, but it just pulls the dirt right up. Be sure not to get the shaving things into the keyboard, however. Hope that helps.

-Drew

4. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Dispite how often you wash your hands, as soon as you dry them off, they stat oozing natural oils, which keep the skin moist. When you restrict air flow (placing your hands on a soild surface, eg a keyboard) the oils accumulate. These oils dirty most things, along with sweat.

Note: It seems odd however that I type in greasey hands all the time (I work part time as a bike mecahnic) and my LG Flatron keyboard is as white as the day I got it?