Shuffle at end of life?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Alasta, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Alasta macrumors regular

Jan 12, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but I was interested that the iPod Shuffle as shown on this page is described as being 'end of life':

Thoughts, anyone?
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Well if anyone lists any Apple product as being at the end of its life and that site isn't Apple I would take it with a grain of salt. However, I do not think the shuffle will be back in the original form ever again. I think it'll be enhanced somehow. They brought us the shuffle and that was amazing. Then the nano which proved they could do it and do it with class (and a screen). What's next? Shuffle with a small screen? or 1"x1" square? You never know.

I would still buy one. I use mine all of the time as a thumb drive and at the gym. Even with a $200 nano I couldn't see myself bouncing around with it. The shuffle I pretty much carry the attitude that if it breaks it breaks.
  3. skimaxpower Guest

Jan 13, 2006
    I have the same attitude with my shuffle.... which is ironic since its easily the most bomb-proof iPod, and probably the most durable MP3 player on the market.
  4. Loge macrumors 68020

Jun 24, 2004
    Introducing the new and unpredictable iPod Shuffle. "

Contradiction? :p
  5. mdavey macrumors 6502a

Nov 1, 2005
    End of line, not life. That is just retail-speak for "when we've sold out of our existing stocks, we won't be getting any more". If that were on the Apple site, it would be a very good indication that a new model is on its way, but here it almost certainly means that this retailer doesn't intend to stock that item from now on.

It could be that Apple have indicated to them that a new model is on its way, but it is much more likely that either the retailer is simply guessing that a new model is on its way and doesn't want to be stuck with a whole load of stock they can't shift; or simply that the Shuffle doesn't sell well for them.