Shuffle blinking light problem?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

Hey, I have had my shuffle working for a couple days now, but today my computer won't see it. I tried both USB ports, and then another iBook's, but nothing. I can only get a blinking yellow light, and only after I reset it. It is turned off when I plug it in, and when I try to actually music regularly, all I got is alternating green and yellow lights... ideas?

2. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

waiting for itunes update

I also just got a green shuffle. and my PMG5 saw it fine for the fist few days, then it would just blink and wouldn't show up on my computer. Like you i switched usb ports and this worked the first time, then nothing. It's like itunes will update it then ejects it from the desktop. I tried it on my dell ( i know) and it somehow deleted all my itunes music :mad: . But i think we will see an update soon, as the icon for my shuffe is not green and does not displsy it's full name.

Also i went to the apple store and it seems that a lot of people are having trouble with the shuffles and the 7.02 update.

Apple, i love my shuffle. please fix this annoyance and if you have some free time... Please give us our six inches of headphone cable back, i don't know about others but i like to put my ipods in my back pocket while i work, but since the cord is sooo short now i am constantly getting my ears yanked on :confused:
    the earbuds are great, just too short.

Rant over,

Odduwon

3. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

So, I should just plug it into something else? (And hope for the best?)

4. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I seem to have a similar problem with my shuffle except that mine won't charge to green. I was told to drain the battery and restore (am trying that at the moment) maybe that will work for you?

5. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

Yeah, but the stupid thing won't actually play music... LAME. I'll try to plug it into a Dell at school today; don't really care if that erases so much as if that fixes it.

6. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

yay! now my shuffle is playing music, but it cuts almost all my songs short? LAME, apple we need a fix soon, not like the iweb nightmare i went thru a while back. that took for evvvver! :mad: