Shuffle for Podcasts?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Oct 4, 2006.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

I was thinking of putting an iPod Shuffle (2G) on my christmas list. The goal is to have the iPod simply for listening to Podcasts. Does the Shuffle allow you to load Podcasts onto it?

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

4. AtHomeBoy_2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

5. milo macrumors 604

Yep, it will play podcasts. You just can't autofill podcasts (and it only plays them in order, they're ignored in shuffle play). Just add them by dragging in iTunes. I mainly listen to podcasts on mine these days.

FM tuners and other iPod add ons won't work on shuffle, it doesn't use a standard iPod dock connection.

My condolences on living in Schaumburg.
    (although make sure you check out the new Entourage restaurant, it's pretty cool)

6. AtHomeBoy_2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Oh I know that. I am just wondering if there might be a dock connection to shuffle adaptor so the FM and charger gear might will work with it..

Looks like a nice resteraunt, but it's not cheap! ouch!

7. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

On a related note: I swear I used to be able to drag songs around to determine the location in the playlist on my 1G shuffle. I am no longer able to do this. Am I missing something?

8. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Nevermind, found it. In the column sort headings at the top, I had to click on the number heading in the very far left. I was then able to drag and drop to different locations.