shuffle mixed feelings, buy or not?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by biohazard6969, Mar 10, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2005
    toronto canada
    ok i don't know if its just me or not, but i'm in the market for a new ipod, something to go along with my G3 15GB one, i love the look of the new mini's and the ipod shuffle is really enticing too....but when i look at the pricin...............the shuffle is SO EXPENSIVE..... i mean for 1 GB and no screen, and to get the same size equivalent as the mini you need six of them, thats like almost 1000 bucks!!!!!!! WHY is this worth it! i can see the portability....but for that much....i don't know, and i mean the new blue ipod mini is just sexy :)
  2. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    Canada's South Coast
    Shuffles Rock!

Speaking as a bit of an iPod nut (five! and my license plate is IPOD) I can tell you the shuffle is far and away my favourite. Yes, even better than the mini or the 40GB. It is my favourite because there is no screen. With my other iPods I would get so stressed-out about what song comes next that I'd constantly be fiddling with it, picking the next song. The shuffle takes that stress away. I've filled-up my 1GB with 227 of my all-time favourite songs and keep it in shuffle mode and I absolutely love it! No stress, just great music. In my opinion Apple's decision to lose the screen was a masterstroke.
  3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    You will love the shuffle. To me the best value is the $99 one. I bought mine a few weeks ago and don't regret it at ALL. I love this thing. The only bad thing is lack of equalizer (but could be put in with s/ware update) and it seems to be the decline of Apple quality control.

Buy one.....NOW!
  4. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    So let me get this straight, you are complaining about it being too small? :confused: The shuffle doesn't need a screen. I know all my music as soon as I hear it. Most 1 GB players I have seen are like $179 to $199. Of course except for the super shuffle! :p Buy it now!
  5. iRez macrumors member

Feb 19, 2004
    If you already own an iPod, do yourself a favor and get a shuffle. I'd recommend a mini to somebody who doesn't own an iPod already but the shuffle is the perfect compliment to a reg iPod. I know I love my 1GB shuffle to death, I don't even know when it's in my's soo freakin tiny.