Shuffle Songs - Any way to use this for albums/playlists?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaeshellz, Oct 3, 2004.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

I just sold my 3gen Ipod to a friend of mine and bought the latest 20gb Ipod yesterday. I just want to know, that new "Shuffle Songs" feature in the main menu, it only shuffles your ENTIRE library or can u use it on playlists and albums? I'm aware of the original shuffle feature deep in the settings menu but I thought this new shuffle could shuffle a playlist I'm listenin to rather then my whole library of songs... pleeez help.

ps - Since i just got this new one, are there any lil tips or hints u guys have about it that I haven't come across yer or that isn't in the book. thanx

2. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

4. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

well I tried like I play a playlist, then i go to the menu as the songs are playin and click shuffle songs and then it stops the song i was listenin to and starts playin my whole library... I was just wonderin if it was possible wit this new feature to shuffle songs in a playlist/album rather then go menu hoppin for the other shuffle option.

5. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Make a submission to apple saying that you would like this feature. They probably forgot about just shuffling a playlist and went for the whole library. Tell them.

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Go to the main menu and select Settings, then Shuffle. By toggling the center button you can choose Off, Songs, or Albums. Try it, you'll like it.

7. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

Thanx PowerMac but i already know about that feature. I was just wonderin if it as possible to use the new "Shuffle Songs" feature in that same capacity. but thanx anyway, i guess i'm stuck wit the long way