Shufflepuck

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gymnut, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Anybody remember that game released by Broderbund(spelling?), oh 12-13 years ago, Shufflepuck? Damn that was fun game! For those not familiar, it was something like pong but against aliens and it was viewedd from not a birds eye perspective. Wonder whatever happened to Broderbund. If someone released an OSX version of that game, I'd be first in line to buy it!

2. ntg macrumors regular

ntg

Yes - I still have it on my Apple II.

It was actually called Shufflepuck Cafe, with different 'alien' characters challenging you to a duel on the board. What a great and 'simple' game eh!!
    nigel.:cool:

3. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Yes I had this game on my old B&W SEs and Plus I loved that game.

You might try this, its suppose to be a Linux and OS X version of it.
    http://home.no.net/munsuun/tuxpuck/

4. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I had Shufflepuck Cafe on my AtariST, back in the days. I actually used it to sell my computer, the buyer was sold when I showed him the game.

I loved how the screen would shatter when you let the puck pass through, or the expression on the characters faces when you scored a point. Ah, thanks for bringing back the memories :)

5. Gymnut thread starter macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Thanks bro, as soon as I get home from work I'm gonna dl this bad boy!

6. Codemonkey macrumors 6502

Here's a 3D Flash version I get quite a bit of value out of ('course, it's free, so the mileage is pretty good... :p)

http://www.ismokecrack.com/

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

aliens? color?

i had a b/w version that ran on my 512. still had the shattered glass, though :)

8. BrandonRP0123 macrumors regular

I thought it was available on the Macintosh Garden - but going to check, and the Garden appears to be offline. Ah, well.

9. BrandonRP0123 macrumors regular

*I* smoke crack dot com.

Here's the Macintosh Garden It's under ``S'' of course.

10. mgcman macrumors newbie

Use vMac

I was able to get the original Shuffle Puck Cafe for Mac System 6 to work on my iMac in OSX using vMac. It was a lot of fun to set it up and especially fun to see my old MacPlus boot up and run inside an OSX Window. Visit http://www.lowendmac.com/myturn/02/0913.html for the details on how I did it.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It runs too fast on my faux classic Mac (a Windows PC with an emulator). If it's worth it, I'll dig the LC III out of the garage and try it...

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i remember my mom put that on my lc II along with prince of persia and i played the hell out of that game. man those were some fun games when i was like 5 years old. I also remember playing Super Munchers.

iJon

13. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

Super Munchers! vMac! Shufflepuck Cafe!

The game(s) that take the cake, though, are Beyond Dark Castle and Dark Castle. I think Delta Tao Software was doing a port of it to Mac OS X, but I think development has halted, since I haven't seen any developments coming from them. :( That's sad, really.

It doesn't work with vMac that well, either... there was a different version of vMac that worked (Mini vMac, I think), but without sound.

Ah, *sigh*. That, and Crystal Quest. The games nowadays don't have any more fun in them. :(

14. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

hehe, those were the golden days of computer gaming...

I actually have Prince of Persia on my SE/30 and it rocks! Indy III looks pretty weired on black and white... and Star Wars is just awsome.

makes me want to get my hands on a C=64 and an Amiga 1200... that's where the fun really starts

vSpacken