Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
For veil and shurumi owners, what about the long straight sides are the a bit flimpsy ? I had a laut slimskin en both sides where flimpsy.

I have mentioned that in both reviews on for the 5s and soon to be for the XT. It's only really noticeable if you make an effort to move your finger over the edge of the case and push out.

Considering how thin these cases are, I think it's a fair trade off.

MikaelFaux

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
I have mentioned that in both reviews on for the 5s and soon to be for the XT. It's only really noticeable if you make an effort to move your finger over the edge of the case and push out.

Considering how thin these cases are, I think it's a fair trade off.

Ok i havent read the review for the 5s ;). If you compare it to the Apple leather case?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Yes i understanding completely , just as an indication how the sides hold up.

I have used a caudabe veil on my devices for months at a time. As long as you don't purposely stretch it with your finger you should be fine. My advice is to use the case you purchased, enjoy it for as long as it lasts, and take solace in knowing that it didn't cost 45 bucks or something crazy like that.

MikaelFaux

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Atm Iam waiting for my Shumuri and thank god my Apple case was free. But sure great advice Will have a look at caudabe when my shurumi dies.

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Here is my favorite set up to date (Shumuri case with a Tempered Glass ):p

Love my case, found my perfect set up thanks to this Thread , Thanks OP

Is that silver? Also I just realized the case might make me hate my Anker tempered glass since it's a full one and it's not tapered at the edges. I guess i'll stick to my Incipio NGP.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I was looking at this. Are the buttons responsive and is it a fingerprint magenet? I like my current NGP case since it feels nice to hold and does a good job of stopping fingerprints, but the buttons bother me a bit.
The buttons are ultra responsive, and whilst not a fingerprint magnet, a quick wipe erases anything.

----------

Does the Anker case protect the rear camera?
It covers the rear camera, ever-so-slightly.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
So I ordered it last Thursday and today I got a Purolator sticker on my door. Could this be it? I just used the cheapest shipping and it only took a week to get here from Hong Kong...

So does Shumuri use Purolator for Canada or...?

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
So I ordered it last Thursday and today I got a Purolator sticker on my door. Could this be it? I just used the cheapest shipping and it only took a week to get here from Hong Kong...

So does Shumuri use Purolator for Canada or...?

Did you get a shipping notification from Shumuri? I ordered on Monday but haven't received one, so I'm wondering. Thanks.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Did you get a shipping notification from Shumuri? I ordered on Monday but haven't received one, so I'm wondering. Thanks.

Yea I got another email for shipping confirmation 2 days after purchase. If you're 100% sure it's not in your spam folder, I recommend going to Shumuri's site under My Account. Hopefully there's a My Orders section or something.

If you didn't make an account, then I guess you just gotta wait.

Update: nope, that parcel wasn't it. Too good to be true I guess.

Last edited:

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I wish they labeled the colors on their website. I'm deciding on the Ocean Blue, or Silver. But I can't tell if the silver one is transparent. I want the clear but I'm more concerned about the case turning yellow over time like the other ones.

Is this the same material as the Caudabe Veil? I'm pretty iffy on plastic cases. I had a few on my Nexus 5 and they ended up scuffing the sides of my phone on installation and removal.

http://www.gadgetmac.com/reviews/shumuri-slim-ultra-thin-iphone-6-6-plus-case-review.html

This review has shots of the silver (site seems to be down). It looks completely opaque and somewhat matches (darker) the space grey material. If you select the silver color to add to cart it actually switches to the corresponding picture:

18.png

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
After getting the ocean blue one a few weeks back and having it scratch up very easily after 2 days I decided to give the clear/frosted one a try. It arrived today and sadly it fits very loose on the phone. It also showed up with a few small scratches on the inside as well. Disappointed to say the least. The ocean blue fits perfectly snug but this one not so much. A lot of play on the right side and pops off so super easy. Once again the Apple leather bests every case I've tried by a mile.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Got my Slim Extra today. Pretty good.

But if anybody's picking between Shumuri and Spigen Air Skin, I recommend the Air Skin just because it's slightly better made and has better QA. Not to say the Shumuri is bad, but you shouldn't have to roll the dice with QA on a 30 dollar purchase.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have a couple of these, and they do fit nicely. Just a heads-up, however, that if you have shipping problems don't expect any help. When things go smoothly, all is fine, but one of my cases was lost in transit, and they are not helping out at all. (tracking showed it going from China to the US to Germany . . . and I live in the US).

MikaelFaux

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
What's dissapointing?

The build quality but i already explained in a diff thread. Caudabe is taking care off it.

----------

probably thought he was getting the "XT". I'm loving mine... really hope they come out with that seafoam green in the "XT"
o

No Iam not "stupid" and wasnt expecting The XT ;) just a better build quality. Thanks for thinking before me;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.