Shure E3 headphones worth it ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MacDonaldsd, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

First sorry if this isnt were this thread should be.

I was looking to buy the Shure E3 headphones but there a lot of money so i was wondering if anyone can tell me if there worth it.

2. Mustafa macrumors regular

Not for me. I have five or six different sets of headphones, for different occasions, and the Shure's are my least favourite, mainly for comfort and cost reasons.

Sennheisers take the top places in my list. Their MX's are much more comfortable for me, sound great, are good value and being black, don't shout "iPod" in the street. I also like their PX100s for light weight and really good sound.

3. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

I purchased mine for $120 off ebay and it was completely worth it. I dont have any comfort issues with mine and wear them frequently. I look forward to testing them on an airplane in a week.

4. MacDonaldsd thread starter macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Bass

Ive heard there is a lack of bass is this true ?

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Use the foam inserts and no problems with bass.

6. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

No bass problems unless your an idiot who thinks all you should hear is bass rather than having the bass as a compliment.

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

there are few threads on this topic. You should have stated what kind of sound you are looking for then people could "yes, get this one" or
    "no get this one because you are looking for this kind of sound".

8. MacDonaldsd thread starter macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Good sound

Just want well rounded sound I listen to rock and metal on the whole. I dont want bass to drown out the sound dont get me wrong, but some people suggest that there isnt any there.

9. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I have the e2s. I thought there was no bass, at first ,like a lot of people, but realize I didn't have them fitted correctly. There is plenty of bass, when fitted.

My biggest problem is getting them to stay in (I'm not using the foam inserts, but the black rubber).

10. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I had the same fears before I bought my e3s, but I really had nothing to worry about.

Once you work out the right pieces to fit your ears the sound is amazing. I use mine for listening to everything from rock/metal, electronic and even jazz and blues and they just suit everything perfectly. There's no lack of bass, and I've found myself noticing small things in the background of songs I didn't even know where there before.

I've tried e2s, and they're completely different. On a pair of e2s the music sounds like one noise, whereas with e3s every instrument is clearly defined, but not so much as to cause excessive fatigue and headhaches which can be common with some in-ear phones (like Etymotics).

I used to have a pair of Sennheiser PMX60 neckband phones, and I've tried Grado SR60s (AMAZING sound) but they don't cancel any noises, and if you listen to your music above a whisper everybody can hear you.

In short; take the plunge, you won't regret it. If you're not a complete imbecile, you'll have no problems getting bass from them.

11. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

yeah I forgot about that. The bass is really soft until you get the right fit.