SHURE earphones: e4c vs e4g?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kevinliu4, Sep 20, 2006.

1. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

I was looking to buy a pair of Shure earphones to replace my ipod earbuds. While I was looking at the e4c model online, I noticed there is a e4g "gaming edition" model. Is there any difference at all between the two? They look exactly the same. I would only be using them for listening to music on my ipod.

2. honeytoast macrumors regular

3. kevinliu4 thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up getting the E3G model.

I was rather underwhelmed to say the least. With all the rave reviews I read, I was expecting something a little more wow. The sound is good but I'm not sure it's worth the $200 price tag. I can appreciate that the in-ear design cuts out external noise but I find them uncomfortable; I have tried all the different size caps. I guess these aren't for me.

4. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Give yourself a couple of days, they need a bit of "break-in" time, and your ears will soon become accustomed to them. I was a bit skeptical about my E3Cs when I first got them, but I love 'em now.

Oh, and you might want to have a look at the bitrate of your iTunes music, these headphones really show off the improvement that comes with higher bitrates.

5. Pr0jkt macrumors regular

i have a pair of E5c the 500 dollar ones and they are the best thing in the world i highly reccomend shure!!!