Shuster: Rove likely going to be indicted

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 9, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

direct video link to olberman piece

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh man, a Rove indictment would be a HUGE blow to an administration already reeling from scandal after scandal. Conversely, a cleared Rove would be a major boon to an administration seeking to right itself after being rocked by scandal.

Oh and shouldn't the Abramoff visits to the WH be released by tomorrow?

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another Draft dodger, I hope he does go down , He is another fat bum ruining our great country. Bush & his gang of draft dodgers:rolleyes: We can do better then these guys America.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny story... I just went on a job walk with one of the guys who does mechanical subcontracting for us, and he's the spitting image of Karl Rove himself. Eerie.

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i don't think it's any coincidence that, at least publically, he's been removed from the inner sanctum.

oh how I'd love to see him doing the perp walk.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not really. The damage has been done. The only people who will see it as a good thing are those who already hope it will be. Even some of them are just pissed it's come to this, liberal media or no. The rest of us will just think he got away with it, which just pisses us off even more. Pretty much a lose-lose.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's all about the momentum. Give the talking heads a chance to say that liberals were wrong about Rove (as if clearing him of one evil deed cleared him of all of them) gives them an opportunity to go on 'offense'.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yer such a pessimist. You're forgetting that ~70% of the country is now among those who at the least distrust this administration because of stuff like this, and at the most hate them with the firey passion of Hades, this being just one of the many. I have no doubt the talking heads will try to do what you're saying, and the Dems will do little besides complain, but it's going to work with your average voter as well as the definition of "is". Which is to say, it won't.

Like I said, the only people that's going to work on now are the ones who already support Rove, and even a lot of them are fed up.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

When it comes to the Democrats ability to win elections -- yea I'm a pessimist.

11. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, you can hardly blame him. We all thought the unsuccessful war, the phony WMD stuff and the crappy economy were enough to finish Bush as a second-term presidential candidate in 2004, and look what happened.

The American public is tremendously resilient in its ability to swallow right-wing propaganda and to forget all about how creepy, crooked and stupid the Republicans are.

It's still a long time from now until November.

Swift Boats, anyone?

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree, they still havent a clue on what they stand for and are bought by the same guys who own the Republicans. Democrats need a contract with America if you will on Energy,Healthcare,Immigration and Iraq. At the moment we are waiting for any party to step up to the plate and they just dont seem to want to. Just let big business run it all seems to be the status quo and thats taking this country down the tubes.

14. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The website Truthout.org has this story. I'm hoping it's true.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I was thinking the same thing, I wonder what Bush & Gang will do without someone to Spin the truth on everything spewing out his frowning mouth? He will be lost without Roves talking points.

17. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

See what happens when you don't post in the political forums for a while. Sorry, folks for the duplicate reference, but I still hope it is true. ;)

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Sayhey no big deal, we all are guilty but not as guilty as Cheney,Rove & Libby for outing a CIA agent for politics. Hope all 3 do time:cool:

19. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I'm hoping that Fitzgerald is working his way up the ladder, much in the way
    Enron was prosecuted.

If he times it right, we could have the beginnings of impeachment proceedings just in time for the congressional elections. :D

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He's lost with them. The guy knows how to run a campaign... and that's about it. Talking points aren't working anymore.

And yes, I get why you guys are pessimistic, but people were still deluded in 2004, and the alternative wasn't exactly great. They still barely squeaked by. In the past I was angry at the Dems for not providing a viable alternative, but at this point people are so frustrated with the Reps that they really have to just do nothing but not be neocons and they'd win. Maybe not a clean sweep, but it will be more like in 2005. Better even. From what I've seen, conservatives will stay home, liberals will vote in droves, and moderates will vote for the other guy just because they aren't conservative. Even some long term Republicans I know are planning on voting Democrat because they're just fed up. A few years ago, I wouldn't have voted for either unless I really liked them, but I'm in the "voting for the other person" category this year too.

I don't know about the South, but I can tell you right now Arnold is out.

21. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

no worries, i probably should have posted the truthout article here instead of starting a new thread.