Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lamerlizer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
singapore
hi guys, i want to know if there is any software that can configure my apple remote so that i could put my mac to sleep with it?

and i understand you can put your mac to sleep by holding the play button. would it take up alot of electricity? would it be a waste of energy? cause it would be nice if i could listen to my music till i sleep and i don't want to get out of my bed when i'm dozing off.

any help appreciated! :D

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
The sleep function is recommended if you use your laptop more once in two days. Although I do not know how much power it consumes, I prefer it, since it's faster than booting it all the time.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
You've already answered your question, hold down play/pause. I'm not sure about the MBPs, but my Powerbook could last for at least a week when it was asleep.

copanewbe

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2007
Sleep or Scheduler

Yea, like it has been said, you should just probably just let your macbook sleep unless you're gonna be leaving it off for more than a few days.

Instead of using the remote, you can also make your mac sleep after being idle for a period of time in the System Preferences > Energy Saver. Also, you can schedule a shutdown or sleep at any time of the day/night in the same menu under "Schedule". I'm glad Apple gives us plenty of options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.