shutting down mac and quit all apps

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Vairamuthu, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Vairamuthu, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

macrumors member

Vairamuthu

Hi all,

I schedule my mac to shutdown at early morning 4am in the powersaver setting.

I have issue with quitting the 3g connectivity app. I let the 3g connectivity app connected for my torrent downloads.

While quitting,app gives a prompt "do you want to quit" Yes/Cancel.

due to the this prompt , 3G app didn't quit and it interrupts the shutdown process.

There is no way to remove the prompt from the 3g app. Is there any other way?

Thanks
    Vairam

2. thread starter macrumors member

Vairamuthu

Found a solution.

I schedule my mac to sleep at 4am .It disconnect my 3g connection.

Then schedule to wakeup ar 4:01am and shutdown after that...

I don't have to force shutdown

3. macrumors 603

justperry

You found the solution but I just had a question, for what do you need a 3G connection App for?
    I also have 3G USB connection( with a Huawei dongle), it came with a crappy Java Application, very hard to get rid of since every time I uninstalled it it reinstalled due to a Auto Install from the USB dongle.
    I then disabled the flash storage on the USB dongle and removed the Application.

I now connect with built in network and use SurplusMeter for logging my Data so I know how much I used.
    Much better than the crappy Huawei software.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Vairamuthu

Hi justperry,

I used the 3G huawei app to connect to the internet.

How do you setup the 3G dongle to work with built in network?

5. macrumors member

sniffs

More importantly, why are you clogging up the 3G network with torrent downloads? :D

torrenting is precisely what causes network slowdowns and on a 3G connection, it's got to be worse..