Shutting Up iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xgsrpg, Dec 17, 2004.

1. xgsrpg macrumors member

I am importing video from my mom's camera for her so I can burn it to a DVD, but I am trying to do other things with my PowerBook while I import the video. However, I cannot seem to shut iMovie up so I can do other stuff. Everytime I move iMovie's volume slider, it moves the whole system's volume and vice versa. All I want to do is listen to some music or hear a website, etc. without the movie playing in the background. Is there any way to do this?

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I'm not 100% on this, as I don't have a DV camera, but a digital camera that does short video clips also... but couldn't you just use Image Capture to download the video from the camera to your folder of choice?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Warning: I'm hijacking this thread :eek: (well, not really)

Something that annoys me are websites with Flash, that play music at you and don't include an option to turn the sound off. I asked a site author once and he told me to just turn my speakers off, which isn't really very helpful when you're trying to listen to iTunes while browsing :mad:

4. xgsrpg thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that really bothers me too. One time my little brother was playing a flash game at www.cartoonnetwork.com and he asked me to promise not to exit his game. I'm like OK, I'll just minimize it. BUT I COULDN'T TURN THE SOUND OFF! So it was either no sound, or weird robot sounds.

5. xgsrpg thread starter macrumors member

Actually, Image Capture does not work. It says that there is no Image Capture device connected. Only iMovie will do it, and unfortunately it has to play back all the audio that goes through. How stupid is that...

I would pay $10 for some kind of app that would let me control the volume of individual programs.