Shuttle Launch Pushed Back

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/04/20/space.shuttle/index.html

So its now going to go a week later. I'm surprised its not even further delayed....but since I'm planning on going down to see the launch, I just hope they manage to launch it without any last minute delays. I'd hate to dry all the way down there and miss the launch...

D

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i just hope that everything goes alright with this launch, i dont want to see another tragedy

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

It is starting to remind me of "the right stuff" when shepard is having to pee, and is yelling "light this candle".

This stuff is inherantly dangerous, add PR and Political pressure and it is hard to imagine them ever getting it off the ground. I wish them all good luck.

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Go-Fever

Yep, they need to avoid that, but with the latest disaster, there might be too much concern about problems that will end up delaying the launch even longer. I really hope to see the Shuttle launch and that the schedule they're planning sticks since I won't be able to go down there and camp out for a week....

I'll post any pics and maybe a video if I'm lucky enough to see it all :D

D

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I felt some concern for the launch when mentioned that there was some damage to the insulation on the external fuel tank. Especially since the same thing happened to the Columbia. My prayer is that they will fully investigate this issue. Such a problem isn't acceptable again.

Mr. Anderson, it will be great to actually know someone view the launch live. Hope that you will be able to get some great footage. ;)