Sick and tired of being sick

Discussion in 'Community' started by Awimoway, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Awimoway macrumors 65816

The flu. A nasty one. I'd like to die. I'm going back to bed now.

Oh God, make it stop... :(

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Ah yes, the ever popular "Death Flu" so called because you spend the first few days afraid it will kill you then the next few afraid it won't. Get some nyquil, get some rest.

3. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

That's the one. I've already made my peace with this world, and I told my wife to pull the plug if I'm destined to be a vegetable.

Wait--you mean, there's going to be three more days? I don't think I can handle that.

I've been hitting the NyQuil pretty hard. I exhausted my codeine stash. But I have an undiagnosed liver problem, and I worry that I'm doing more damage to my liver with all the acetaminophen I've taken.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i don't know what i have... it started as just a head cold (though i thought it was allergies initially)... then i got stomach problems... that left and my head was throbbing and stuffed up still... now i'm just stuffed up... when will it end???

5. mmmbop macrumors regular

I know how you feel! I've had a cold for nearly two weeks and I can't take it much longer. I am amazed at the amount and frequency of the greeny stuff that comes out of my nose. I've never known a cold to last this long. I wouldn't mind so much but I had the flu in January.

Please, please, for the love of God, please make it go away, someone, please...

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i hate that flu cuz u dont even feel well enough to use a computer or watch tv, u just want it to end

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

dont forget the headaches.

8. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Exact same thing here. Just over two weeks of an awful head cold. My nose hurts SO much, I just can't blow it anymore.

9. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

When I feel a little better, I use my iBook placed on my chest as I lay down, with the screen tilted somewhat downward so I can see it. Typing isn't easy, but playing solitaire (Burning Monkey) isn't too bad. It helps me keep my mind off the aches, pains, etc.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Things I've experienced throughout many colds and worse:
    1) Runny Nose
    2) Phlem
    3) Stomach aches from couching so much
    3) Sore stomach muscles from coughing so much
    4) A constant head ache that includes a burst of pain with ever cough
    5) A throat that hurts like hell
    6) Coughing up blood (this only happened once)
    7) No appetite whatsoever. I barely ate anything this weekend.
    8) Stuffy brain. Last friday I could barely pronounce my own name, much less take a Chemistry test (I got a 92 :(, I could have done better. :().
    9) Body hurting. Just an overall pain in the body. Pain with motion especially.
    10) Overcaring parents. Sometimes when I get sick all I want to do is watch TV, but my parents won't even leave me alone for long enough to get any decent watching in. I'm constantly having pills, soups, and thermometers shoved down my throat.
    11) Fever. I had a 102° temp this weekend. It was no fun.
    12) Extreme Sleepiness. I slept all day friday at school. Well, most of the day.
    -first period - slept
    -2nd period - slept
    -3rd period - had to perform a Shakesperean play, it was pure hell.
    -Lunch - slept, didn't have an appetite to fulfill.
    -4th period - Took a quiz that lasted all period
    -5th period - Laid out 3 chairs and slept on top of them.
    -6th period - took a test (The chemistry test I mentioned earlier).
    -7th period - slept.

I was very sick on Friday and all weekend, then I missed school on Monday.

Before that I'd been slightly sick-ish for about 2 weeks. I'm still coughing occasionally and I always have a runny nose.

I too am sick of being sick.

scem0

11. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    the mind splitting/numbing pain...

i want to forget i dont want to remember that

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Thank God you can't get me sick through the internet! I sure don't want what you got. Of course the rates of STDs would be a hell of a lot higher if you could pass it via the internet.;)

Get better soon man. Lots of liquids, rest, and eat well.

13. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

you were able to get out of bed? this is the first time ive crawled out of bed since tuesday. the uprightness of sitting or walking induces the urge to hurl.

ok, well thats not true...at some point in a haze i emailed my office. apparently a cracked out treatise on my case and why i wouldnt be there because of my pink eye.....uhhhh, ok, well ive used up my 30 minutes of waking ....back to my juice and my bed.

14. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I dont want to hear it, babies. I've had mononucleosis for three months.

Imagine being sick for 6 weeks followed by intense fatigue for another six weeks plus a relapse. Thats been my life since before Thanksgiving.

15. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

WARNING! I'm not a doctor!

But, I was real ill about a month ago, high fever, aches all over. A doctor told me to mix Tylanol and Advil (one's acetaminophen, the other is ibuprofen). This allowed me to take pain killers (2 pills) every 3 hours (alternating Tylanol and Advil) instaed of every 6 hours without risking overdose. Pretty darn effective ;)

Again, I'm no doctor and you need to use tylenol and advil. Make sure both pills are the 2 every 6 hour type, and you're not taking more than 8 of each a day...

16. thecow macrumors 6502

Thats harsh. I had pneumonia over xmas break and I thouthg that was bad. The worst part was when I went to see ROTK and I had to try not to cough through the whole 3.5 hours.

17. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

This is my third cold/flu since Thanksgiving. Monday & Tuesday were miserable... Wednesday & Thursday are dragging... is it time for the weekend yet?

I feel your pain!

18. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

My Doc had me do the same for Cramps!

19. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Sounds like you have an infection in either your sinus or your bronchial tubes. GO SEE A DOCTOR, NOW!

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear about your illness Awimoway. I know from personal experience and as a nurse that it is no fun to be sick. Getting plenty of fluids and rest. Nyquil is very helpful. I'm like my father in one way, when I'm really sick I go to bed and sleep. Just do not want to be bothered.

The most important thing when taking any medication is to follow the directions on the label.

21. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Up and at 'em Awimoway!!!
    You'll get no sympathy from me! On your feet! Put on some jogging shoes and run a mile, hec make it two! What you have to do is sweat that bastard out. Masochistic? Sadistic? Hells yeah! But it works damn it!
    When I was in the Army there was no excuse. You suck it up and drive on. Oh, going to go to sick call? Hell no! I'll butt stroke with my rifle if you do! Now move it! Move it!!!

22. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

My family took me out for the first time in about a month the day after Christmas to see ROTK. It was miserable. I dont remember the first half and I spent a good part of the second half in the bathroom.

I need to go see it again...

Im feeling better, but still not over it.

23. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Thats a good way to drop over dead.

24. Awimoway thread starter macrumors 65816

I finally slept--from 3 pm to 9 pm. I feel a lot better.

25. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

anyone who is sick has my sympahty and i hope they feel better soon!!
    as for me im just getting over a cold but i dont mind them that much because i suffer from severe migrines and nothing hurts me as much as they do...im out whenever i have them, i cant do anytime, sometimes i cant even sleep so yeah hopefully i wont get any for a while,,,heres me keeping my fingers crossed....and feel better everyone!