SideTrack Uninstall?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by TheWitePony, Feb 17, 2004.

1. TheWitePony macrumors regular

Well I installed a little app called SideTrack, its supposed to add some functionality to the trackpad. However I did not like it, so I tried uninstalling it, just dragging all the files i could find in the finder associated with it to the trash. Well it appears to be uninstalled, but it did not restore the default trackpad preferences in the Mouse menu. I mean, its not even there anymore, none of the trackpad clicking options like the drag lock and trackpad click are listed, except for the speed of the mouse click.

How do I fix this?? I am missing the ability to click from the trackpad and my draglock sorely.

2. TheWitePony thread starter macrumors regular

ah man, was just looking at the developer's webpage and it looks like there are some problems with File Vault, which I currently have enabled. Still don't know how to get my original preference in the menu back...

3. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I just got the program a few days ago, and after tweaking the options.. I like it. I remember the readme saying something like "this replaces the trackpads built in drivers" under this statement, it said how to uninstall it properly. I would suggest downloading it again and taking a close look at the readme. Good luck.

4. PensDevil macrumors member

run the installer

Download the program again and run the installer. There is an un-install option built into the installer. Also, in the documentation is a list of file locations if you want to remove the program / drivers manually. Either way, a reboot is involved.