Sidewinder Pro Joystick on a Emac???

Discussion in 'Games' started by azrussell132, Jan 26, 2005.

1. azrussell132 macrumors member

Jan 26, 2005
    Phoenix Arizona
    New mac user here. Not much of a "gamer" but was tempted by a 5 pack of games at the local software store and the only joystick in the house is a Sidewinder Pro. Any way to get this to work on OSX. Drivers on MS's site seem to be for OS9. Downloaded the driver and in the attempt to install it the installation wanted to update some OS9 files. I FREAKED and hit the cancel button . Is there a "generic" driver that would work??? If there is no hope for the Sidewinder would appreciate any suggestions for a low cost Joystick as it won't be used that often. Thanx in advance for any suggestions.

russell in Phoenix AZ.

p.s. Already convinced I'll never buy another windows machine. Have had the Emac for about a month now and use it 95% of the time.
  2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    American living in Canada
    I bought this InterAct joystick for $4. I know it's NOT what you were wanting, but what I'm saying, is that it works great. Only one problem, you cannot twist the handle like the sidewinder does. I bought my Sidewinder right before they came out with the USB version, so I have no luck with it as there is no game port :(