Siemens Bluetooth Connection

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by efoto, Feb 5, 2005.

1. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    I did a search and didn't really find an answer to my question, so I'll try it.

I have the ability to get a Siemens phone (S56, w/ BT), so if anyone has any experiences with that and bluetooth syncing that would great, but more general:

Does any device that has bluetooth support syncing with the powerbook? Are there only specific model phones that will work with iSync on the PBook?

Thanks in advance. I have not really used BT before so I am just trying to see what all the possibilities could be.
  2. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Gee, had you thought of trying Apple's iSync Device Compatability page?

If you had, you would have had your answer right there.

However, since you didn't think to search Apple's site, and so others who search here know: The answer is yes for for the phone you mentioned.

Of course people should always check there for the latest device compatability information since it does get updated every so often.
  3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    American living in Canada
    I have the S56

That phone DOES work with the BT on my powerbook just fine. Now, it's not nearly as efficient as I would like it to be, but hey, the phone isn't made by Apple so what can you expect? I've synced with address book just fine. Now, on the computer end, it's a breeze. The complicated part is the phone. It has this idea of two books in it, an address book and a phone book. So when you sync with iSync, it likes to put all the addresses from the computer into the address book which means that the phone will not dial the numbers directly. You have to tell the phone to send the numbers into the phone book. Kind of odd. The phone is ok, but lots of it doesn't make sense. I have sent files to the phone no problem. I have put Apple backgrounds on it and midi ringtones that I have found online. If you have any other questions, ask me and I'll do tests or anything if you want. The only thing I can't do is try to access internet through BT since my phone does not work in Canada, where I am now.
  4. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    In case you dont know, we expect to see at least one Motorola/Apple phone out by June 05, with iTunes support and BT...
  5. efoto thread starter macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    Thanks for the responses and sorry I did not check Apple's support pages first. I do not actually have my computer yet (still heading over from China) so I am not used to all the information that is floating around from Apple themselves.

KD7IWP - Do you find the syncing of the contacts and the calender useful or is it just a cool gimic that is fun to play around with? My friend works for Siemens so I have always had Siemens stuff on ATT/Cingular network because he hooks me up with hardware. He has the S56 but recently went to a Motorola flip style phone...and my SL56 has not BT :(

I guess if you could just expand on your experiences a little bit that would be greatly appreciated.