Siemens M34 and Skype

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jazzman25, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Jazzman25 macrumors member

I have now completed my switch (iMac bought last month, macbook arrived today :D :D ). All in all I am delighted - Mac OS is amazing and moving to it from M$ is the same feeling Dr Cochran had when he discovered Warp Drive....:)

So now to the only problem I haven't been able to solve since the Switch. I am using Skype a lot for P2P calls with friends and family (for regular calls I use a standard SIP based VOIP provider). In order to avoid using the headset, I have been using Siemens' M34 that can be used in conjunction with Siemens' Gigaset DECT phones. That enables me to recieve and make Skype calls using my phones. Siemens does not have Mac OS drivers for this device and for all I know, does not plan to issue them anytime soon :mad:. I do not want to run Windows just for this function (I do have WXP under Parallels on my Imac for special cases but I do not want to have the virtual machine on permamnently).

So did anyone encounter the same issue? Any good idea would be welcome. I am not emotionally tied to the M34, so a good alternative may be an option, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a Skype dual phone, especially since I have already 2 Siemens DECT phones that work well.

2. arjen macrumors newbie