Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
Hi. Sorry for creating a thread on this, but I thought we needed one to keep track on when they're released.
Anyone knows if you just can use the newest beta of the Web Driver?

Thanks
/fraannk

UBNO

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2010
I'm using the current beta drivers on a 4,1 flashed to 5,1 with a GTX950. They work, though I tend to kernel panic on first boot and when waking from sleep. This setup was rock solid under El Capitan. Everything else seems fine, though.

tomvos

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
In the Nexus.
One reboot later: The nVidia Driver Manager now has a G-SYNC tab. Since my 30" ACD does not support G-SYNC it simply says G-SYNC disabled. Anyone with a G-SYNC display here to share your experience with this feature?

Another welcome change, but this was already better with the OS X Default Graphics Driver: The font rendering of PDF files in Preview is good again. In 10.11 the font was always slightly blurred. I thought this was Apple way to tell the user to buy a Retina Display. Now it's back to the PDF font rendering quality Preview had before. Great change, since I read a lot. This alone makes the update worthwhile.

While speaking about changes: CUDA-Z does not open any more. Looks like a CUDA update is required, too.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Is there any point to installing CUDA for Photoshop CC 2015.5?

Why would you not? Whether PS uses it or not, an Nvidia GPU has Cuda capability. You paid for an Nvidia product with Cuda Capabilities. Why would not install the Cuda Driver? It certainly can't hurt anything.

Lou

Reactions: tomvos

Demigod Mac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Why would you not? Whether PS uses it or not, an Nvidia GPU has Cuda capability. You paid for an Nvidia product with Cuda Capabilities. Why would not install the Cuda Driver? It certainly can't hurt anything.

Lou

System hardening, aka: "Don't install it if you don't need it" - for better security, performance and stability. (Not saying CUDA is has these problems per se, just following a general computing principle).

Reactions: h9826790 and frou
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.