Sigh my energy saver settings are mind boggling me HELP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alag28, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

ok so i set my energy options to..

put the computer to sleep when it is inactive for - 10mins
    put the display to sleep when the computer is inactive for - 5 mins

then i checked OFF automatically reduce the brightness of the display before the display sleep

i do this so when im reading i dont have the display automatically reduce the brightness...i like the glowy beautiful bright light until my 5 mins are up and the display goes to sleep

but the computer is not listening to me!!! after turning on the computer and i dont touch it...it still manages to tone down its brightness despite me checking off *automatically reduce the brightness of the display before the display sleep*

but when i uncheck it, then check it, then uncheck it...it listens to me....wth is going on?

anybody else having this problem??

2. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

oo and also this is when i have the computer plugged and charging.

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I could be wrong if I have interpreted your second post incorrectly. Do you mean you only have the problem when you plug it in? Because when you create your own Energy savings setting it moves you to the custom setting. But when you then plug the computer in, it goes to a different setting. So you would have to go create the same energy savings rules for battery and for when it is plugged in. I hope that helps.

4. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

for both plugged or not plugged options...its set so i dont habve ny kind of automatic reduce brightness. there all checked of...ill rather have the display go to sleep instead. so yea...right now im talking about when i have the computer charging and yea its custom cuz i choose my preferred options.

so any ideas?

5. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Dr. Technology macrumors newbie

I just noticed the same problem on my new MacBook. Very annoying.