Sign of things to come...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shadowfax0, Nov 14, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    New P4 @ 3066 MHz...but I don't care about THAT :) I care about this:

3.xx GHz to 5.xx GHz
    FSB clock: 166 MHz
    FSB speed: Quad-Pumped (666 MHz)
    L2 Cache: 512 KB (1024 KB)

...and the rest isn't important, because we now know their intentions! ...well if you know, would you tell me too...?

...Man I need a girlfriend...:rolleyes:
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Be careful of what numbers you boldface. If Apple made that number their MHz for their Rev. B Ti Book Apple may have gone to he:D.

I'll always trust in Apple, as long as they have the software to do it. My iBook runs at 466MHz and has only 128MB RAM, yet speed doesn't matter, as long as the software does.

Today I showed a student (9th grade) a few basics on Calculus and how it works, using Graphing Calculator 2.2 (OS 9) and AppleWorks (OS X), and transitions went rather smooth. Not to mention, I explained Calculus to the student for about half an hour, and nothing crashed on me during that time period. :D

My point is the argument of hardware vs. software has advantages and disadvantages. And my argument is a 5GGGGGGHz P4 with Windows isn't going to be as pretty or cool looking as on a <1GHz or ≥1GHz Mac. :cool:
  3. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    Graphing Calculator ROCKS my friend (much more direct than Mathematica for alot of...well, MOST things :) ) , I sorely wish they would port it to OS X, but the guy seems really against it for whatever reason...:(
  4. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2002
    Notre Dame
    heh, if you can recall, the retail price of the Apple I was $666.66 :)