Sign the petition! (NFL officiating)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cfg5, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Cfg5 macrumors regular

this piss poor officiating in the nfl has to stop!

sign the petition!

2. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

I didnt sign it. I think there is a difference between poor officiating, and a game being "fixed".

The Offensive Pass Interference in the endzone was a pretty ticky tack call, but at the same time, he obviously pushed off. You cant let that slide when it results is a touchdown.

The Big Ben touchdown was so incredibly close that I dont see how you could say there was "indisputable" evidence that he got in.

The personal foul on the interception return was obviously a poor call. The problem is that unless the call is blatantly wrong, you can always argue that its a judgement call.

So even though I think the officiating was lacking, I dont think it was intentional. And I dont think it changed the end result of the game. I'll be interested to see how many signatures end up on this thing, though.

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Um....I think that the game was piss poor in terms of officiating as well as rather lacking in terms of quality game play. I think the refs did make a difference in the score, but cannot say how it affected the outcome. Each play has its own effect on the game. That being said, I do believe that there was something shady. Were I a fan of either team, I might care. But, I'm not and I'm over it. The media gave it enough attention, I think the NFL got the hint. I don't think Leavy will be reffing another SB for a long time...

This petition is cute and a nice way to have organized venting, but that's it (so I guess it really isn't as pointless and silly as I thought it was at first).

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

These petitions make a difference, folks.

*snickers in the corner*

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not signing it, because:

(1) These petitions accomplish nothing.
    (2) I don't believe the officiating at the Super Bowl was all that bad, aside from the one possible bad call on Hasselbeck when he tackled Ike Taylor.