Sign This Petition To Impeach Bush!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vwcruisn, Sep 7, 2003.

1. vwcruisn macrumors regular

Not sure if this link has been posted.. but here it is http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

Please sign and pass it along to everyone you know. The sooner this moron is out of the white house.. the better everyone will be (except the top 1 percent and the wealthy/dishonest corporations ;) )

2. Waluigi macrumors 6502

Isn't it very ironic that the same people who were so vocal about impeaching clinton are the first ones to lable you a traitor for even mentioning impeaching bush. I remember someone's signature here at macrumors.com used to include something along the lines of 'At least clinton's lies didn't kill anyone'.

Unfortunatley, this impeachment movement won't solve anything, and doesn't have the congressional support to be successful. If you don't like bush, then please go vote in the 2004 election! If every american voted, bush would be out of a job. Use your energy to get people to vote, and stop this sporatic, negative, and unfocused stuff. I didn't support clinton's impeachment, because it didn't solve anything, and niether will this! Sorry, I don't support this.

--Waluigi

3. chadfromdallas macrumors member

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

no kidding if we impeached him who what are we left with?Dean?Kerry?Lieberman? i think ill stick with George, unless big Al is running.

5. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

not exactley how about Big Al Gore. you know the only democrat i see as beating bush. the one with the popular vote but lost the electoral college.

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

It was bad enough when the Republicans did it, now this? Why not be adult enough to stop the cycle of political fiascos?

8. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Why should he be impeached? Because he didnt get laid in the oval office? Like the role model Clinton?

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

i think what both parties have forgotten at times is we need to support the president, democrat & republican. he is privey to much info that we are not. all i can say is support your president either side.

10. bobindashadows macrumors 6502

Did he ever actually have sex in the Oval Office? If I remember correctly, the famous night in December when Clinton invited Miss Lewinsky into his office, all that happened was that she gave him Oral sex, because she was on her period, so they stopped there.

[edit]
    Nevermind, that was a different encounter in january.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

who cares except a bunch of politicians and lawyers, i dont.

12. Code101 macrumors newbie

Stupid!

votetoimpeach.org won't get to first base. Support our President, he has done a good job! He is doing his best. His best has been very good. I feel much safer with him vs. someone like Dean or Gore.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm prepared to ignore this misbegotten effort and wait for next year's "impeachment" vote.

14. bobindashadows macrumors 6502

That is what I appreciate... thank you, thank you for a voice of reason.

15. Waluigi macrumors 6502

Oh no, we seem to agree.

--Waluigi

16. vwcruisn thread starter macrumors regular

all i'm saying is.. if they can impeach clinton for the "lie" he made... and what bush did is so much worse.. so why can't we impeach him too?

for everyone living in california... does anyone find it funny that you can replace gray davis' name in all the recall B.S. with the name GEORGE W BUSH and it all holds true just the same... boy o boy.. the country we live in today... :rolleyes:

17. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Big Al Gore. Got it.

Popular vote is pointless in the election of the President. Electoral votes is what determines the outcome of the election of the President. Its been that way since this Republic was started. And it has worked fine for the past 200+ years.

18. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Actually ... no, it hasn't worked fine since near the beginning of the republic. It was never designed as a way to elect a president who did not have more support of the people than other candidates. It just has worked out that way on several occasions. Look at the elections of 1824,1876, and, of course, 2000. The 1800 election almost worked out that way as well and the Constitution was changed to prevent a repetition (XII Amendment.) You may think that because we have or had a president serve after each of these elections everything is great, I however, think a President should actually have the most votes. There is something basic in the principle of representative democracy that is being ignored if that doesn't take place. The reasons for this anachronism have long past and it is time to get rid of the electoral college.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This is a non-starter. By the time we could even get around to impeaching him it'll be November of next year already. Let's solve our problems at the ballot box/computer terminal.

Unless proof of intentional lying comes out. That could change my mind.

20. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

There maybe grounds to impeach Bush, but it is politically impossible to accomplish with this Congress. Also without clear violations of the law the people of the US like to have these things decided by elections. To try to do it otherwise will only strengthen Bush. I'm all for working hard to elect someone else next year.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I agree. Without a Republican congress, Clinton would never have been impeached, and without a Democratic congress there will be no Buch impeachment. Nor even a meaningful investigation into 9/11, or the Iraq fiasco.

Now where can we find a bloodthirsty, liberal prosecutor with an unlimited budget, timeframe, and scope of investigation to go after Bush at taxpayer expense?:p

22. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think we'd have to ask Ashcroft for his ok. Now, what do you think the odds are in Vegas for that happening?

23. vwcruisn thread starter macrumors regular

true... i agree with the majority of the posts.. with the current congress.. ashcroft... the time bush has left etc... it really would not be possible to impeach under the current time constraints... i guess i just signed it as my way of protesting his precidency and the atrocities he has committed in office. i guess it just made me feel a little better to know i wasn't alone.. thats all :)

24. K4NN4B15 macrumors member

word, vote him out. If like 40% of the country's eligable voters just show up at the booths bush couldnt even lie cheat or steal his way back into office.

25. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

You are not alone! If the polls are any indication you are in the majority.