Signatures... too much abuse

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mymemory, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hi,

This is a problem, I consider, we are not paying attention and is about those huge signatures that are actually larger than the actual comment.

A signature is a message, probably linking to your own web site or what ever. But I have seen many expalining the entire amount of Apple products you have and many have too many + they have tehir thoughts + their own web site link...

I know people can feel proud of their equipment but please!

I would like to see if the moderators can regulate the lengh of the signatures because there have been time when I have found myself reading the signatures by mistakes thinking is part of the thread. Despite people just to post over and over reapeating the same huge signature just to say:

"Yes, I am agree"
    -------

I have aMac G5 with dual 2.7 4GB of Ram 2 30" Apple monitors,
    Wireless Keyaboard and Apple Promouse, U2 iPod, first generation iPod,
    17" Powerbook with 1GB of Ram (at the office) with another wireless keyboard. I have an Apple server as well. I like South Park, and I think Bush is wrong.

____

Those are the kind of signatures I am talking about.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Current rules state a 6 line maximum, if you see people with anything larger please report them and they will be edited/removed. We deal with them as and when we see them, but it they are breaching the rules then please report them and we will take a look.

3. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

That last part isn't allowed I believe, well it wasn't during the election period.

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well , i think those signatures are very helpful as long as they are about the equipment.
    when i respond to a mail and say "tiger works great for me" then the reader knows what machine i'm talking about and what peripherals i got to work. without this information "tiger works great" doesn't help a lot.
    and with less than 6 lines it should be o.k..
    my 2 cents.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Good idea :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.