signatures!

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jul 29, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Ok...I don't recall a topic of discussion in the past...so I'm doing it now. ;)

Everyone has a signature just about here. Some of them are simple one-liners, others are close to consideration for short stories. What's in your signatures, and why did u put it there?

I've had everything from quotes to website addresses & titles.

"don't fall in love with your first idea" was something I was taught very early in design school. It was in just about every classroom for the first few semesters, and it's stuck with me ever since. I had it up when I first joined MR, and I've since re-established it. :)

I just happened to notice that jayscheuerle has the same thing I have in mine. Weird. :eek:

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Rock topic, eyelid.

-->Reverse idealism with P2P: "They have computers on the internet now."

Why? Because it's true.

-->Maine's badass alternative for the anti-zealot campaign

Read my comments in the /. thread to find out why. I put in the Maine's badass alternative because many people are laid back up here, up to the point in which a hired job does not get done on time or at all. So the Maine alternativetheme is more of a refreshment than a bad thing.

And always include the "badass". :eek:

3. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha...exactly...

j-lo knows a thing or two about this... ;)

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

My sig has had one line in it that stays the same, and another line or two that has been known to change...

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

mine is a link to Apple's dogcow website, so people will know what my avatar is all about, or what "moof" is...

6. szark macrumors 68030

szark

The quote in my sig has inspired me for many years (though I haven't managed to read the novel yet). It was the opening quote of the first chapter of the first book (?) of one of my favorite authors -- Craig Thomas (Firefox).

The folding line is a little "Rawhide" spoof I made up when I was really tired. :D

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i like the song, and i thought it apt because of the Pirates of Silicon Valley reference...

pnw

8. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Mine is a quote from the film "Eraserhead" (which is now available on DVD from www.davidlynch.com). Anyone familiar with the tiny chickens?

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

"There is a little Steve in all of us!" -- Never Has changed since the day I registed on these forums, I believe that jobs is a great guy and that everyone has ideas and dreams and Jobs shows that you can take your idea and do something great with it.

" Because I'm proud to be an American. :rolleyes: " Well this link goes to I site I frequent, it has news probably not featured on your daily news paper or heard anywhere else.

"Top #15 poster."-- Because I spend too much time here.

"Shadowfax rules because he made my avatar." -- Sure anyone could have done it, but he did so hats off.

" What is folding? Fold, because people matter!" Link to FAQ for folding, Folding plug because folding will do great stuff for the world. Its helps MacRumors out, and it helps people with diseases.

" Apparently I'm a mean guy, so sorry. :(" -- Private matter, I flame people too often and many too many people have taken offense.

Sorry.

10. pEZ macrumors 6502

"Choose Life." From the film "Trainspotting." I'm reading the book now, and the phrase seemed to work with the folding theme in the remainder of my sig.

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

some of my sigs are:

first member of the anti-zealot campaign (or something like that)

pc techie

network engineer

-jef

middle aged engineer

...and some others over the last three years
    :D

12. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I like Star Trek quotes, my current one is an episode title from the original series.

I also like to list my macs, they're like trophies I display to show my love of all things Apple :D.

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

well currently mine is quotes from other users bout me. sorta for fun.

before it was :::tazo:::
    and a funny quote thing i made :)

14. vniow macrumors G4

My current ones point to a hair-removal site and the HTMUG, other little tidbits are the anti-zealot campaign and my status in the top secret PPP...

15. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Saw it in "Steal This Book," by Abbie Hoffman as a proverb at the beginning of a chapter.

Dan

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

that's right...machines!!

i used to list mine...even the PCs

if i get something new, maybe i will list it

i have listed, in my sig, a pentium 120, pentium 150, performa powerPC, powercomputing clone, pc k6-2 laptop, and rev. a ibook

i only now have the last two in daily working order...the pentium 150 sits in the garage w/o monitor and NT 4.0 server on it and i have my dad's 030 performa mothballed there, too:p

17. jbomber macrumors 6502a

jbomber

18. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

A link to my personal website, and some propaganda for Folding@Home. :)

19. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

One line is a mutilated line from Star Trek: First Contact. The other line is an award earned in the 2000+ (IIRC) post "What's your definition of geek?" thread, kindly bestowed by Shadowfax0.

EDIT: corrected description of first line.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Mine is a link to a website that tells you why black people love a particular pair of white folks so much. I'm not black or white, but I found it funny. Those white guys are so cool. We should all strive to be like them.

Its better than www.mulletsgalore.com (I think!!) ;)

21. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

My signature is just a reference to two things I enjoy doing: Having a fun dig at americans, and folding.

Of course, neither are taken too seriously. They're just a means of passing the time between now and when I can go on holiday :)

22. job macrumors 68040

job

sig?

errrr...because it's coming? :p

23. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

My sig was a rule I tried to follow for several years, it got too much and too dangerous, but I keep it as a reminder of the folly of youth:D

Its a quote from an R. A. Heinlien character.

The machines are there as common ground, and my avatar was supplied by jethroted, so thanks bud:p

The PPP is far too secret to tell you what those letters mean, well, I could, but I'd have to have your allegiences re-aligned afterwards... Trust me, you don't want to be re-aligned in MY basement;)

24. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Well, so what IS coming?

'MGU' ?

:confused:

Good thread.

:D

25. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

My current signature is..... unexplainable ;).

My old Missy Elliot one was basically just to say that I am a Missy Elliot fan, and proud of it. :D

OMG that was so scurry! I looked down and there was a roach about a foot from my foot! Okay..... sorry for that change of topic....

Ah! Now my dog just nocked a fan off my desk nearly giving me a heart attack.

Okay, I'm off topic and this thread is giving me foul luck.

scem0