All iPads Signing a PDF on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by $$$, Dec 20, 2012.

1. $$$
    macrumors newbie

Is there any way to sign a PDF on the iPad?

I have an iPad mini, I have been using it to give estimates for work and it has worked excellent. The App that I use for invoicing allows me to make up an estimate or invoice, have the customer sign it, and then I could e-mail them a copy.

In my state I don't have to take sales tax from my customers under certain conditions, in those cases I have to have them sign the following exemption form:

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/other_forms/sales/st8.pdf

As you can see, the form is setup to be filled out digitally, however it needs to be signed as well.

So what I need is a PDF App for the iPad that will allow my customers to use a stylus to sign the above PDF form.

Any ideas?
    This will make my operation completely paperless.

2. macrumors member

I just used Notability the other day to sign a form I had filled out. It allowed me to send the PDF to my email also afterwards. I don't know if you wanted a more professional interface (seeing as this is a note taking interface) but it got the job done.

3. $$$
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast reply!

Would Notability allow me to type in those forms on the PDF (such as "Name of Contractor", etc.)? I only want the signature part to be hand written, the rest I would like typed.

4. macrumors member

Yup, you can put and edit text boxes wherever you want. That's what I had to do is fill out a form typed and sign at the bottom, and it worked out perfectly :D

5. macrumors 603

Menel

6. macrumors 6502a

7. macrumors 65816

Damn the adobe app doesn't have Dropbox support :-(

8. macrumors 6502a

ugcop

I use Sign-n-send. I have the paid version..the free version adds a small ad in the first page you send.

It has Dropbox support.

9. macrumors 603

Menel

Mine does.

I can open a pdf in dropbxz, "open in..." To adobe reader
    After making changes in Adobe, can then "open in...." Back, into dropbox.

10. macrumors 65816

PDF expert is what I found for my last company and everyone in the field. It does exactly what you want and more. Works with Dropbox and others too.

11. macrumors 6502

I use an app called SignNow...it's easy enough..allows you to sign and place text in the document if needed as well.