signs that good things are nearby...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fatzmack, Feb 24, 2004.

1. fatzmack macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2004
    i just checked the special deals section of the apple store, to be surprised with a g5 1.8ghz/512mb/160gb/superdrive/gefr5200 headlined with big blue bold text,

" sale price is $1,899. ($200 savings applied at Check Out)"

has anyone seen anything like this before? i sure as hell haven't. and being the optimistic well as a frustrated individual waiting for rev b pms, does this suggest what we've all been waiting for?!?!

march 2nd... it'd be a great way to start off a new month :rolleyes:
  2. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2003
    dude i hope you're right. what a day it would be: new PM's and PB's. too good to be true.
  3. mvc macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2003
  4. Edot macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2002

Those machines where put out of production when the dual 1.8's came out. I am sure they have been trying to clear those out for sometime. However, maybe they are getting desperate because they know they won't sell when the new ones come out soon. How long has that offer been going on?
  5. fatzmack thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2004
    the past 24 hours, give or take a few. i've been a regular visitor of the special deals section for quite some time and it's the first time i've ever seen such offers.
  6. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    They have refurbs from time to time at $1699. MacConnection had some for $1649, and MacResQ has some? at $1699 also. SmallDog had one last week. Yes, they're a discontinued model, but they sure seem to be selling fast.

This $200 discount is great news for anyone who wants a new machine. Based on that, I'd expect that updates are only a month or so away. (tempted...)