Signs

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Aug 17, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

has anybody seen this movie, its pretty good cept for the ending which is short

but damn it scared me bad, I walked home so paraniod through the dark and I was ****ting so much, It had that effect on me

anyways what did you think?

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

3. Timothy macrumors 6502

Didn't like it...

Just to add an alternate voice...I thought this movie was mediocre.

I think in certain regards, they stole some ideas from the movie "contact." I also think much of the dialogue was poorly written.

But then, there are 2 things working against this movie for me; I am a movie snob and generally don't like Hollywood fare, and I am a Carl Sagan fan and don't like superstitious fare either. :D

4. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I don't think signs was as good as the sixth sense but it's definitley worth seeing. It has just the right amount of comedic relief and suspense.

5. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

I thought that it had the best screenplay out of the three Shamylan movies, and was much better than Unbreakable (which although cool, dragged in too many places)

I believe that this is his best work for a few reasons:

1) It doesnt star Bruce Willis

2) Its Mel Gibsons best performance for a long time

3) It has Mcaulie Culkins brother

and lastly

4) Its stirred up a national intrest in crop circles

This is my opinion and its fine if you disagree, but please dont just say "I didnt like it because it sucked"

6. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I was actually thinking about seeing it tonight!

Either that or XXX...

I really like Shamylan's stuff. I agree Unbreakable was good, if a bit slow. If you get the DVD, check out the cut scenes...

7. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

XXX is a great movie, if you like them action things , somethings you think oh my god yeah whatever but its a great movie 8/10

8. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I enjoyed it, but I just have one question... Why did the aliens choose Earth, whose surface is mostly water, and what happens to them when it rains?

The movie is more of a "How can we stick together" movie than an alien invasion movie...

9. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

If you listened carefully you would have heard on the radio playing in the background, that the aliens didnt come for the planet, they came to harvest humans. I think it would be a really cool alternate ending if the day the aliens landed, it started pouring... Sucks to your invasion