Silent Hill Movie Trailer and Site Up.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 2nyRiggz, Feb 1, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Check out the trailer, i think its nice and i'm hoping(please please) won't get caught in the video game crappy movies list. I like how they made a new story line but keep all the trails of SH1,2,3.....don't know about 4 yet.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Wow, this actually looks good! I just downloaded the trailer in the iPod (video) format. :)

The beginning of the trailer looks to be exactly like the beginning of the original game, which is a very good thing. :D

3. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

they have pyramid head and viteil(sp) in the trailer...seems as if they put them all together.

Bless

Attached Files:

4. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Great that this possibly best horror movie of the year is getting here some attention too!
    Even if there may be this curse of the "video game to movie adaptation" floating over it, this movie is the FIRST one destined to break it!

I hope it does well at the box office, because it will be a hell of a movie (literally). The director of "Brotherhood of the Wolves" is guaranteeing a great experience...! :D

5. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Ok i'm bringing this back.....not because im a huge fan of SH...but just beacause the movie is soon here....

I'm i the only MR peepz interested?

Bless

6. iGav macrumors G3

I saw the trailer for this when I went to see 'The Hills Have Eyes' the other week, does look really good.

Never played the game, so I have no expectations. ;)

7. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Of course I am interested, and I am scouring the net for every little bit I can find! It looks really promising and like a faithful and pretty evil adaptation of "Resident Evil for the mature audience", as a magazine described the first game once ;)

8. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yea it looks like it will be faithfull to the games but i will wait in see about that....it does look scary though:)

Bless

9. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Here are some news!
    On some american TV show was a "behind the scenes" report on Silent Hill. I have seen it (partially) since its floating through the net, and I must say, without adding any spoilers, that this movie is not only faithful to the game, but also a great piece of work in its own right.

The action-scenes are making me feel uneasy, the scary moments are shockers, and the drama-moments, together with the original music of the games, are just breaking my heart.

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ick. Not my kinda movie... my boyfriend loves the games and he loves horror movies. I'm in the process of bargaining w/ him-- what will I get if I subject myself to a week's worth of nightmares? Hm