Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nutdotnet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Does anyone know off hand the length of the ATV's power cable? I plan on picking one up and using a mount to place it on the back of my TV. With the way my cables are run - a typical 6 foot power cord is slightly too short.

I'm assuming that it's 6 foot and I would need to buy a longer cord from somewhere, but if someone could let me know the length that would be great.

Thanks!

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
it uses a very common "figure eight" power cable. heck even boom boxes and computers going back to the '70's used these. I lost one and grabbed a similar one from an old sanyo radio. It does not power conversion so as long as you can connect it into the atvs socket it just needs 110 volts (presuming you are in the U.S.).

Nutdotnet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
it uses a very common "figure eight" power cable. heck even boom boxes and computers going back to the '70's used these. I lost one and grabbed a similar one from an old sanyo radio. It does not power conversion so as long as you can connect it into the atvs socket it just needs 110 volts (presuming you are in the U.S.).

Got it. I've actually spliced an old figure eight power cable in the past and it worked great.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.