Silly Question - Sticker?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BrandonSi, Oct 28, 2005.

1. BrandonSi macrumors regular

I got 2 shiny new apple stickers with my iMac. I'd like to put one on my car, but does anyone know if they're easily removable? Will they tear the paint off if removed?

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Good question... How about you try it for us!!?

:p

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

There's a whole thread of pictures for people who have the stickers on their cars. Mine has one on the window, not the paint.

4. BrandonSi thread starter macrumors regular

I know, that was my inspiration.. just thought I'd be careful since it's a nice car. Maybe I'll stick with the window then.

5. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I put mine on the rear window, lower left corner.

6. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Yes, stick with the window. It's never a good idea to put a sticker on the painted surface of a car.

7. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I'm putting one in my window.

If on paint, I would go with back bumper, somewhere low.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i havent used my stickers yet...i got alota of em and i dont know what to do with em.

Bless

9. opik macrumors member

I would love to have some stickers. If anyone is willing to send a few to me, please email or PM me.

..Thanks! :)

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

i was at a coffee shop the other day and saw one of those stickers plastered on to somebody's wintel notebook........

11. Greenone macrumors 6502

That's hilarious!

I inherited my grandfather's 1970 VW camper bus (ASI/Riviera, NW camper conversion - for those who know their campers). My brother got his paws on it for about 5 years, and it's sat for about 10 in a garage with no garage door. My brother didn't take the kind of care of it that my sweet grandpa did, way back when. I convinced my bro to give it to me and I've been trying to restore it (don't really know what I'm doing but have been reading the Idiot's Guide, searching forums and paying VW dudes to come over occasionally and do some work on it when I get the chance/money). My long-winded point is that my grandpa was a die-hard liberal-artist-hippy before his time (born in 1902) who put stickers on the back having to do with being a democrat, with belonging to the oregon micrological society (mushrooms!), the Sierra Club, Nepal, and the like. I love the political statement just driving a VW bus makes and I think one of those Apple stickers contributes in this way; I think of Apple's typical customer as leaning to the left. I know that's a blanket statement, but anyway...ramble ramble ramble...

12. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I'm definitely planning to put one on my car window! Haven't done it yet, though.... I saw one on a truck that I was behind on the expressway. Kewl!

The other day I was at a workshop where there were several people with PBs. One guy had a colored apple instead of the usual white one on his PB, so I asked him about it. Apparently he had gotten ahold of some of the original colored stickers from way back (I think he said circa 1986) and decided to stick one on his new PB -- it really looks gorgeous and stuck out in a roomful of current PBs with the white apple.... Now I'll be on the lookout for some of those older colored stickers!

OTB