Silly Season Sales??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by pennae, Nov 11, 2003.

1. pennae macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm dying to get my grubby hands on a cute little 12" g4 ibook. I waited for the g4s because I need usb2 to use my video-capture gear. Yeh, yeh, I know the PBs are better for that, but I'm a poor little student...

I'm *this* close to just rushing out and buying one NOW. The money's been burning a hole in my credit card for a couple of months, after all! But, I've waited this long...

...should I wait a little longer to see what the Christmas season brings? I work in retail, and we've had our decorations up for weeks. When does Apple bring theirs out? I'm a switcher, so I don't know what happened last year, or years before that - is there generally some kind of promo? Anything! Software, bags, just someone tell me it's worth being a bit more patient and hoping some tinsel floats my way.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

As far as I know there are no seasonal sales.

3. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

geien all the recent updates, and the 6yr apple store promotion, and the upcoming MWSF, I'd bet the horse i rode in on there won't be any holiday specials.

But for e soemthing more special, if you are goign to buy a standard config. i book, Club mac will max out the ram and give u a free carrying case & epson printer (after mail-in-rebates).

Be aware you wouldn't be able to buy an upgraded HD or built-in Bluetooth this way, but you do get soem freebies. could be good if you were just goign to buy a stan. config iBook and up the ram yourself.

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

if you are a student, hard to beat the official apple store educational discount...

apple usually tries to update products before the holidays... that's their way of "season sales" because you get "more" for the same price. they don't really offer discounts.