Silver lining: 1 good thing about Bush wanting to Ban Gay Marriage via an ammendment

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I wondered about this for the longest time. I thought to myself "why are they pushing this now, why not wait for a democrat to be in office". Then I realized that making Bush take a stance on this is a very wise move. It immediately made him alienate alot of people. Granted some will still vote for him in the end, but it might make more people vote against him too. Whether intentional or not it is a very interesting political move.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Translation: "I'm going to continue banging my head on this wall until either the wall moves or I'm knocked unconscious."

4. JamesDPS macrumors regular

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out -- we're definitely living through some interesting history (with EVERYTHING that's going on in the world). Let's just hope Bush alienates more people than he expected... his hard-line stance has certainly garnered him a lot of support, but probably from people who would have voted for him, anyway. Everything he does to become more extreme gets him more money (from corporations and right-wing well-to-do), but alienates would-be supporters or pisses off people who wouldn't otherwise vote (this last thing is the greatest hope for Kerry, I think -- just that so many people that are against Bush will be energized to vote when they might not have, otherwise).

5. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

That is what I'm thinking too... just let him keep digging his grave :D