sim city 4 and Power mac G5

Discussion in 'Games' started by sanjosemac, Mar 31, 2005.

1. sanjosemac macrumors newbie

I just upgraded to a power mac G5m dual 1.8 and although I have played sim city for years, don't seem to be able to get past 120 of population... is there any known problem or am I really bad ?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Do you mean 120 people or 120,000 people? If it's 120 people, you may just be really bad, I've only played it a little bit, but I have had no problem getting cities of sizes 60,000 - 80,000.

It is different in many ways than 2000 (latest version I had played), and it took me awhile to understand how to make a successful city.

If you really get stumped out of your mind, read a bit of this walkthrough, it's very comprehensive strategy-wise and even delves into the game's mechanics.

3. sanjosemac thread starter macrumors newbie

no, I really mean 120...I have played before, on an other machine, and yes, 100,000 people with no problem just by giving them work,schools and police (go figure !!) now, nothing...not even a beach has them coming !

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Have you tried strip joints? :D :eek: j/k

Make sure you have updated to the latest version (maybe erase it and re-install?) I thought that the updates were just graphics updates and not fixes for the simulator, though.

5. sanjosemac thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to put a couple of micro breweries but would not let me....

actually, you might be right, I am using the software from my firewire-transfered version when I changed machine...Re-installing might be the key...

6. applekid macrumors 68020

Heh. Getting stuck with a population of 120. Definitely user (or installation) error :)

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I have just from Sim City 4 (my first city becuase I didnt play this game for a few months) and my city now has around 6500 population! :)
    The games starts to slow down... :(